Brewer Fanatic

08/08/2006: Brewers (Ohka) vs. Cubs (Marmol), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gross and clark are 4th and 5th outfielders on real teams but we are a sorry team in asking them to start and we wonder why we lose.

How, exactly? Those guys are plenty good enough to start for a lot of teams. Gross can play all three spots and hit with patience and pop. Clark is a very solid OBP guy who can hit.

They're the least of the team's problems.

What if Chuck Norris put on Jenks uniform? Could we fool anyone? Probably not, because then No. 5 would start hitting the ball.

As you know, chuck wouldn't even have to hit the ball. A mere look from chuck and the ball would fly out of miller on it's own accord. Of course you are forgetting the fact that seeing chuck's name in the lineup would make any team want to forfeit anyhow.

How, exactly? Those guys are plenty good enough to start for a lot of teams. Gross can play all three spots and hit with patience and pop. Clark is a very solid OBP guy who can hit.

They're the least of the team's problems.

Yes, and clark is an awe inspiring defender. Gross is an unkown in the majors, as is Gwynn. I would start gross in right. Gwynn in center until he falters.

Yes, you and ned fear the unkown. Why not just play the comfortable, losing lineup.

Brady has the worst average in baseball with runners in scoring position believe is in the .170's also he is horrible defensively gabe isn't much better. I can't believe how you guys call yourself fans and don't demand better things your content with average and below. andruw jones, edmonds and guys like them make that play in the first that gabe didn't i will not settle for garbage anymore 24 yrs is enough it's time do something.

Brady has the worst average in baseball with runners in scoring position believe is in the .170's also he is horrible defensively gabe isn't much better. I can't believe how you guys call yourself fans and don't demand better things your content with average and below. andruw jones, edmonds and guys like them make that play in the first that gabe didn't i will not settle for garbage anymore 24 yrs is enough it's time do something.

I'm a fan. I say try something different. The only big problem with that is that you're constantly changing lineups. Who knows though, that might not be all that bad.

Start Gwynn until he falters(on a consistent basis).

Start gross in right.

I guess what i'm tired of watching is we start players just about everyday that on most teams they would be on the bench. I guess i'm tired of being that land of oppoprtunity for players to play everyday when in most places they wouldn't

Clark has a .381 OBP - there's no way Gwynn would do that. I never said he was Jones or Edmonds, either.

That is fine if there's no way Gwynn puts up that OBP, but Brady doesn't score on Princes double anyways. I would rather take someone with a lot of range in center that could actually save us some runs, a lot of speed on the basepaths with maybe a .350 OBP. Not only that neither Brady nor Gross can put themselves in scoring position on their own if they do get on.

Quote:
I guess what i'm tired of watching is we start players just about everyday that on most teams they would be on the bench

The Yankees would have killed to have Gross or Clark in the OF instead of Bubba Crosby and Melky Cabrera.

The Yankees would have killed to have Gross or Clark in the OF instead of Bubba Crosby and Melky Cabrera.

Well, fine. Since we are no longer in the playoff race, why didn't we trade clark to the yanks.

Archived