Brewer Fanatic

08/09/2006: Brewers (Bush) vs. Cubs (Zambrano), 7:05PM CDT

hawing

After the top of the third during the commercial break for some reason I decided to do 50 push-ups and 25 sit-ups.

After the top of the fourth I realized I had to do the same thing. The third set after the top of the 5th was getting harder. Good thing they were long innings.

Then my girlfriend came home and - saying nothing - I used a golf-club to point at the box score for her when they came back from the pitching change commercial.

I blame myself.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given my expectations before going to the game, I had to check the box again this morning to make sure I didn't dream up the game last night. Just when you think three or four guys on the team are useless, those same players end up with 6 RBI and we win the game.

I love seeing Cubs fans after their team loses. The Scrubby Cubbies were back, and hopefully they show up this afternoon also.

The crowd reaction to Zambrano losing it after Brady's homer was priceless as well. What a hothead. I sure wouldn't want to have been Barrett in the dugout after that inning.

Edit: One of the guys in the suite we were in said Bush is tossing a no-hitter about 10 seconds before Pierre hit his patented infield single. At first it looked like Billy had a chance, but Pierre is fast, really fast. I put my finger to my lips, but it was too late. I blame that guy, and Cub fans.

That is very bizarre, but I sure would not be the one to turn down free underwear.

Oh, I didn't turn it down - Jockey is quality stuff, they're based in Kenosha and my S.O.'s brother works there. It just seemed like something that would happen to Homer Simpson:

"Look, Marge! Free underwear! I got it at the ballgame! Woo-hoo!"

___

As for Dave Bush's effort, I was struggling to keep my eyes off the 0-0-0 line on the visitors' part of the scoreboard, because I feared jinxing the whole thing. Then stupid Pierre took care of that. But until then, those zeroes, they were mesmerizing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived