Brewer Fanatic

08/09/2006: Brewers (Bush) vs. Cubs (Zambrano), 7:05PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if he slides right that he is safe.

I like the idea of having the game on FSN and WGN. When the play-by-play announcer starts bragging up the Cubs players too much I just switch over and watch WGN.

When the play-by-play announcer starts bragging up the Cubs players too much I just switch over and watch WGN.

Heh, no doubt. Brenly and Kaspar have been pretty fair and objective

Nice outing by Bush, good to see the bats alive, let's get it tomorrow

Quote:
If he slides he's safe. He may have been safe anyway (hard to see if tagged before touched the plate or not) But no way is he tagged if he slides. But then he wouldn't be the battlin' Bell!

Yeah he would have been safe, but still I like a player like Bell that plays hard. Give him that much!

In addition, I thought Bush performed well. Nice to see.

Much better then the game I went to yesterday, Bush pitched very well three different guys for us came up with RBI hits and Cordero once again closes the door for his 4th save. Maybe this is the game we win to start some sort of long winning streak, one can only hope I guess.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You know, I really hate that smug dentist in those "ZOMG BAD BREATH CAUSES HEART ATTACKS" commercial.

Why does Bill Schroeder have a hitler mustache under his mouth?

edit:

Quote:
I like the idea of having the game on FSN and WGN. When the play-by-play announcer starts bragging up the Cubs players too much I just switch over and watch WGN.

hahaha, well played. Quotefiled.

Four pages? I'm in mild disbelief. I hope that means some others of you were at the game or chose the chatroom instead.

We had so much fun tonight (except when the visitors scored). I'm sure part of it was that my early expectations were solidly rock bottom, but consider this:

Quality start for Dave Bush, featuring a tantalizing hitless streak.

Got in Hothead's head. I love watching him unravel. Love it. JP was laying it on thick on the radio too. You go, JP.

Some effective hitting by the Brewers. Did anyone hear the one person clapping for Brady before he went yard? That was me.

A completely undramatic 9th inning.

Fan ratio in our section was maybe 55-45 Brewers-Cubs - still worse than any other visiting team, but we've experienced much worse with the northside fans. It helped considerably that they were quiet for nearly the whole game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

We also scored some "Take Back Miller Park" t-shirts; and in a more bizarre giveaway, Jockey was giving away underwear in a tent outside the park.

Finally, while taking stuff out of the back of the car upon arriving home, I found my Fanfest '06 pin - which had fallen off my backpack sometime in the last six weeks or so. I figured it was gone for good, but I have it again. May it signal a return to positive Brewers mojo.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
Four pages? I'm in mild disbelief. I hope that means some others of you were at the game or chose the chatroom instead.

When we're winning, people don't have much to argue about, thus less posting http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif .

I personally was on the phone almost the entire time... seeing how the game turned out, I may have to call up some people tomorrow afternoon. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif .

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Good game, no more scoreboard watching for me... it's fruitless. We win.

1) I blame Yost for blowing Bush's no-hitter by not bringing in a 5th infielder when Slappy Pierre was up.

2) Quite possibly the only roster in the majors that can bat the same player lead-off one game and clean-up the very next. and i don't think this is a bad thing. i double-checked the scorecard when Gross came up with "2 walks and 2 runs" per the commentary. not bad for a lead-off... scratch that, clean-up guy. Then,

3) Gross doubles and the WGN guy offers interesting color as Hall is being intentionally walked. "this is a move that 30 managers in the bigs make, because Jenkins..." Not a bad at-bat but definitely Moellery expectations... Full count and Geoff goes and swings at a 55 foot pitch. there is going to be a paradigm shift soon declaring all Chad Moeller at-bats having Jenkinsy expectations. Not a bad spot for Hart there Flanders.

4) the bottom of the line-up is a wretched black hole with Miller's BA plummeting and the giant sized 0-fer the pitchers throw up there. Remember when Damian was stroking a .330 or something, man those were the days. Now his Jake Taylorism really shows when he can't catch up to mediocre fastballs. Bush had to pitch to Zambrano like he was a threat (because he is), but it's almost like we have 7 guys up there.

Archived