Brewer Fanatic

08/09/2006: Brewers (Bush) vs. Cubs (Zambrano), 7:05PM CDT

hawing

Dear Brewers:

Please please please please please don't suck tonight. I'll be there and would appreciate your disregarding the thousands of goons wearing the wrong team's swag. You're not there for them. Do better, for me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

hawing

(Edited to correct time of the first pitch)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is gonna be ugly.

Part of me keeps hoping not, but most of me can't stop agreeing. B19, as previously stated last night, you have my full permission to use the "Stupid (cub player's name)" phrase as needed in the chat room tonight.

I was just taking a look at one of my all-time favorite clips:

sportsillustrated.cnn.com.../cubs.html

It's the best Brewers-Cubs mojo I can think of. Well, catch you guys on the other side.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Zambrano leads the league in walks, which is pretty darn amazing when you think about DD amazing pace. If the free swinging brewers take advantage early he implodes. When they swing at his crap, they get owned. I am betting on the later.

Lineups

Chi Cubs

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

J. Pierre

C. Izturis &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

M. Barrett

A. Ramirez

J. Jones

P. Nevin

M. Murton

R. Cedeno

C. Zambrano

Milwaukee

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

B. Clark

T. Graffanino

P. Fielder

G. Gross

B. Hall

G. Jenkins

D. Bell

D. Miller

D. Bush

Chicago Cubs Milwaukee ------------ --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Pierre, Juan 1 25 .276 CF Clark, Brady 2 22 .284 SS Izturis, Cesar 1 14 .250 2B Graffanino, Tony 0 1 .302 C Barrett, Michael 13 44 .330 1B Fielder, Prince 21 58 .286 3B Ramirez, Aramis 25 73 .278 LF Gross, Gabe 9 31 .266 RF Jones, Jacque 18 55 .288 SS Hall, Bill 25 59 .272 1B Nevin, Phil 9 24 .243 RF Jenkins, Geoff 10 55 .253 LF Murton, Matt 6 39 .295 3B Bell, David 6 34 .272 2B Cedeno, Ronny 4 29 .257 C Miller, Damian 6 35 .260 P Zambrano, Carlos (12-4, 3.42) P Bush, Dave (7-8, 4.74) 

Another ho hum 1-2-3 inning for the offense. It's early though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I like Big Z's shoes, hopefully he doesn't spend too much time tonight putting the boots to us http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif .

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Sounds like "Wrigley Field North" there again.

I guess they're taking back Miller Park.

If our fans have (understandably) lost interest, I guess we'll take their cash.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

So I just looked at the lineup, saw Gross in the cleanup spot, and decided to let my wife watch her stupid dancing show on Fox.

I'm really not interested tonight. Last night was too much for me. I watched until Daron Sutton told me it shouldn't matter because it's just a baseball game. Then I turned it off and went to bed, because it didn't matter, after all.

(Thank goodness it doesn't matter, because if it did, there might be enough interested people across the Upper Midwest to justify paying good money to people so they can broadcast the games on television and radio. Oh, wait...)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived