Brewer Fanatic

Lincecum in the hospital with "flu-like symptoms"

KNBR in San Francisco reporting. Shame he won't get to pitch tonight, I think he might've been most deserving to start, even more then Volzquez. Obviously I hope he gets well, and soon, but I have to admit I wouldn't mind if it pushes his Sunday start back a day and we see Zito instead.

Edit: Here's a link.

I don't think he was going to pitch much tonight, anyway, considering he threw a ton of pitches against the Cubs on Sunday. However, when I hear a player is an unexpected scratch due to "flu-like symptoms", I always wonder if it's really the flu/food poisoning or if that player just had a bit too much fun out on the town the night before.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Do you want the NL to lose? Lately Marmol has looked a lot like Mota.

I am more interested in seeing his summer of overuse continue at every opportunity. As I stated in another thread at some point, if the Brewers are in the World Series I don't give a rip about home field. They could play on the moon for all I care. When it comes to teh Brewers matching up with the Red Sox or Angles, I'm not sure location is particularly important anyway.

Maybe he won't make his start against the Brewers after the break.

That's what I was wondering earlier, but if it's brown-bottle flu and not the other variety than he'll probably be ready to go. Heck, even if he really is sick now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on Sunday. Gives him about five days of rest and top-notch care, and a 80% Lincecum is still much better than most, unfortunately for us.

As a somewhat amusing aside, apparently him and Wilson went to O'Hare the other day when their flight to New York was actually leaving from Midway. They missed their flight, of course, and ended up taking a coach flight out there later that night. They say some of these guys are just lost without a traveling secretary taking them by the hand!

As a somewhat amusing aside, apparently him and Wilson went to O'Hare the other day when their flight to New York was actually leaving from Midway. They missed their flight, of course, and ended up taking a coach flight out there later that night. They say some of these guys are just lost without a traveling secretary taking them by the hand!

That's hilarious...hats off to Mark A for pony-ing up the jet!!!

I remember a blurb somewhere saying many of the Giants had been getting it prior to this as well. Don't ask me where though. Maybe USA Today? It said he was actually hospitalized. *edit* Oh yes, I also saw it in the local Post-Crescent in the recap of the All Star Game bit in the sports section.

Archived