Brewer Fanatic

08/10/2006: Cubs (Prior) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05PM CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I get home from a media function and that's the first thing I see...makes me really happy that I haven't been home.

Naturally, both guys stay at their positions. I mean, why would you want to pull Gross for an inexcusable error that you wouldn't tolerate more than once from a six-year-old?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

great win, I enjoy the though that the cubs fans have to return to illinois after a loss and sit in traffic for the rest of the afternoon.

Yeah, good thought. However, they have all already forgotten about the loss. When they're that far out of contention, all they care about is making a horses rear end of themselves in Miller Park yelling out obnoxious things and chanting "Let's go Cubbies!" If they get to do that, they can leave and return back to the Chicagoland area a happy camper.

"I think Cordero has silenced those who opposed this trade."

I said after the trade was made that it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great, a solid 'C'. My main objection was acquiring Mench and clogging up the outfield picture, taking valuable PT away from Hart. Cordero has been better than I expected, I must admit. I still don't like the Mench acquisition, but in fairness to Melvin, let's wait and see what happens in the offseason. If he flips Mench in a deal that gets some pitching in return, it could net out to be a better deal than it appears to be at present.

Archived