Brewer Fanatic

08/10/2006: Cubs (Prior) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05PM CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Capellan the main villain here? Yeah, a dinger to Hank White stinks, but it's the E5 that makes it costly. Oh, but wait...I stand corrected by mlb.com:

Entering Thursday's game, the Brewers had played 11 consecutive errorless games, tying a franchise record set in July 1979.

On one hand, that was not surprising, since Graffanino replaced Weeks, who had a Major League-worst 22 errors, and fellow newcomer David Bell is an outstanding defender.

Great example on why Capellan should have spent the month pitching in Nashville. With Helling, Kolb, and Wise all throwing well lately, he wasn't needed. Now Ned brings him into a game that wasn't quite put away, and now Cubs are right back in it.

With Helling, Kolb, and Wise all throwing well lately, he wasn't needed. Now Ned brings him into a game that wasn't quite put away, and now Cubs are right back in it.

With a 4 run lead, it was a decent time to get him back in the saddle.

Entering Thursday's game, the Brewers had played 11 consecutive errorless games, tying a franchise record set in July 1979.

Jim Powell was all over that on the radio last night too. I predicted an errorfest for today, but even one error proves the point I was attempting to make.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"With a 4 run lead it was a decent time to get him in the saddle"

Are you kidding? Have you watched this team all year? Less than two weeks ago, they nearly let a 4 run lead go vs. the Reds in one inning.

I wouldn't have used Capellan with anything less than a 6 run lead or behind in a game.

Archived