Brewer Fanatic

08/10/2006: Cubs (Prior) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05PM CDT

sgtcluels

Chicago Cubs

Mark Prior RHP (1-1, 6.64 ERA)

http://www.lindsaycoats.com/myspace/julia/mark_prior.jpg

Prior has not won on the road since Sept. 10, 2005. He's 0-2 with a 4.39 ERA in his last five starts away from Wrigley Field.

@

Milwaukee Brewers

Doug Davis LHP (7-6, 5.01 ERA)

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/09/25/UT4A2wnH.jpg

Davis' ERA in 13 starts at home (4.22) is nearly two points better than in 11 starts on the road (6.10).

Game Preview

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on, Prior is not trying to hit our guys. Be realistic. Why would he be trying to hit Mench with the bases loaded? You think he wants to give us a run?

And all Cirillo does is hit. Why is he not in the lineup more often? Yost continues to amaze me.

There will be a warning the first time a Cub hits the ground. It is not bias. It just seems that it is usually retaliation that gets warned.

Rivera had the hardest hit ball of the inning. I am glad we were played Chad Moeller over him for a year and a half.

Wow what a line-up. This line-up is a championship line-up. Please let's get rid of Yost for someone that realizes Corey Hart and Gwynn Jr. need to be planning everyday and to platoon Jenkins and Mench. Also what is so wrong with bringing up Braun from AA instead of adding another 50 year old player. He was selected just behind Zimmerman and both went to college which is similar to playing minor league ball. He made the jump from A to AA just fine. My new slogan 'Give youth a chance' sing it like John Lennon and it becomes catchy.

disgusts me to no end that Hart isn't in RF. \

Because there is not a lefty on the mound today.

And all Cirillo does is hit. Why is he not in the lineup more often? Yost continues to amaze me.

He may get more playing time again, but he needed the rest after he played so much after Koskie went down.

He may get more playing time again, but he needed the rest after he played so much after Koskie went down.

I hear that reason, but I don't buy it. Since July 26th, Cirillo's only had 11 AB's. It seems like he hasn't been in there in ages. For the only guy on the team hitting comfortably over .300, he should be in there more often than that.

This line-up is a championship line-up. Please let's get rid of Yost for someone that realizes Corey Hart and Gwynn Jr. need to be planning everyday and to platoon Jenkins and Mench. Also what is so wrong with bringing up Braun from AA instead of adding another 50 year old player.

Why should we platooing one of our power sources in Mench? Hart should platoon with Jenks.

Lets rush Braun and Gwynn up to the majors even thought they are not ready!! Gwynn has not hit with much authority when he got the chance. Braun needs work on his defense to see if he will be a 3B or have to move.

Get rid of Yost, why because he has kept this team a float with key injuries all year?

I'm as big of a Brewer fan than anybody but we need to relize this is not a playoff team and the youth need opportunity and playing time in the big leagues to develop. By the way why does it seem that our prospects take forever to get up to the big leagues compared to teams like the A's and Marlin's and Braves.

Archived