Brewer Fanatic

7/15/08 2008 MLB All-Star Game: 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep, russ, it's kind of sad that a close all-star game is decided by the reserves and "only on the team because every team needs one" kind of guys.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have no problem with every team having an all-star. No problem at all.

I think they'll change the rules to include pitchers that pitch on Sunday will be named to the team but not pitch and then will be given a "replacement" selection by the manager. That way you don't have a bunch of pitchers that can only go an inning due to pitch count 2 days earlier.

edit: vgmstr, I had that same idea about 20 minutes ago talking about it with my wife

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Selig was absolutely correct to call the game in 2002. I just feel badly that it had to happen at MP.

By the way, the "this time it counts" bogus has to end. The homefield advantage in the World Series for one team should not be dependent on whether Dan Uggla makes three errors, or an umpire makes an incorrect call on a stolen base.

Is your problem that the rosters are too big, or just that they've actually played in the game?

My problem is with having crappy players being All Stars. Part of that is having replacements for replacements still being considered All Stars. The other part is requiring every team to have an All Star. When Guzman can be a two time All Star, how much of an accomplishment can it be to go? It's like being picked for Dodge Ball in grade school. Stick around long enough and eventually someone will grudgingly call your name.

But hey, I'm not getting all worked up about it. I usually don't even watch the game. But for whatever reason, I got suckered into 15 innings of it this go around, though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lame throw by Hart.

What percentage of outfielders record an out there on one try? 10%?

I'm sorry but it's really hard ot take this seriously when I'm forced to root for "All Star Christian Guzman" to get a hit. Half the league has played in this game.

leading the league in hits (or being second, iirc) is much more worthy of a place on the all-star team then some of the other guys...

leading the league in hits (or being second, iirc) is much more worthy of a place on the all-star team then some of the other guys...

Its not quite so hard when you also lead the league in ABs.

Archived