Brewer Fanatic

7/15/08 2008 MLB All-Star Game: 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23

N.L. Starter: Ben Sheets (10-3, 2.85 ERA, 108 SO)

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2007/0201/mlb_g_sheets_412.jpg

A.L. Starter: Cliff Lee (12-2, 2.31 ERA, 106 SO)

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img8813908.jpg

N.L. Starting Line-Up
Hanley Ramirez, Florida, ss
Chase Utley, Philadelphia, 2b
Lance Berkman, Houston, 1b
Albert Pujols, St. Louis, dh
Chipper Jones, Atlanta, 3b
Matt Holliday, Colorado, rf
Ryan Braun, Milwaukee, lf
Kosuke Fukudome, Chicago, cf
Geovany Soto, Chicago, c

A.L. Starting Line-Up
Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle, rf
Derek Jeter, New York, ss
Josh Hamilton, Texas, cf
Alex Rodriguez, New York, 3b
Manny Ramirez, Boston, lf
Milton Bradley, Texas, dh
Kevin Youkilis, Boston, 1b
Joe Mauer, Minnesota, c
Dustin Pedroia, Boston, 2b

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the NL finally win? When I was growing up and the Brewers were in the AL, the NL always beat the AL. Now that the Brewers are in the NL, it's the opposite.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Any chance they pinch hit Corey for Fukodome before his first AB?

I doubt it -- I'd assume everyone gets at least 1 AB. With how serious Hurdle seems about winning this game, I wouldn't be surprised if some bench guys (like Corey) don't get to play at all. It seems like the Final Vote guys rarely get into the game at all, unless they pinch hit for the pitcher. Since it's AL rules, that's not going to happen...it'd be cool to see Corey get an AB, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

i am really torn about who i am rooting for. i guess ideally, i would want all 3 brewers to do well, and i want all the cubs players to suck and cost the NL the game.

my reason: since the cubs have the best chance to make the WS, i do NOT want them to have the homefield advantage. its not worth the risk of rooting hard for the NL...

Keep Sheeter away from Lincecum...

FROM ESPN.COM:

Tim Lincecum could miss his first All-Star Game Tuesday night after coming down with flulike symptoms.

The San Francisco right-hander got sick Monday night and was getting treatment Tuesday, Giants spokesman Matt Chisholm said. It wasn't immediately clear whether Lincecum would even make it to Yankee Stadium for the game.

His locker between National League starter Ben Sheets and Edinson Volquez was untouched about 4 hours before the first pitch. Lincecum's jersey and a Giants hat hung on a hook on the wall.

Dressing half a dozen seats down, San Francisco closer Brian Wilson said the flu hit his team during last weekend's series against the Cubs.

Lincecum didn't show up for the annual All-Star Game Red Carpet Parade on Tuesday, leaving Wilson to ride alone in the back of a pickup truck up Sixth Avenue in Manhattan.

Lincecum was among several pitchers on the NL roster who threw Sunday, giving manager Clint Hurdle a tired group for the Midsummer Classic. Lincecum struck out nine over eight innings to beat fellow All-Star Ryan Dempster and the Cubs.

The boyish-looking Lincecum, 11-2 in his second year with the Giants, leads the major leagues with 135 strikeouts. His 2.57 ERA is fourth best among starters, and he's lost just once in his last 14 starts.

I'm watching this red-carpet crap, and even though it's cheesy and pointless, I feel like I'm 10 years old again and we're on our family vacation (we usually were the middle of July) and I'd make our family sit and watch the game, while I had out my baseball cards of each guy in the game. And then I'd share random trivial facts about each player during the game. Good stuff.

seriously....could sheets have thrown anymore pitches? That's more than a little "Pen Work".

Come on, forty-some pitches on his regular day isn't gonna kill the guy. Regardless, I can't recall seeing him pitch so slowly and inefficiently, either.

Man, now I really wish Sheets had pitched against the Red Sox in Boston, those were the only dudes he got out that inning

Sheets was probably nervous and ready to impress. I can't blame him. I also enjoyed his obvious dropping of a naughty word in front of a worldwide TV audience http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Good for Benny -- he did a good job tonight.

Archived