Brewer Fanatic

Billy Packer out @ CBS

bullox

I personally can't stand Jim Nantz either, but at least they got one of those guys out of the booth (although, they usually sit courtside). Gus Johnson for #1 PBP guy, baby!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This is tremendous news. Packer was just insufferable -- and an arrogant bigot. Look at some of the things he's said. CBS should have reprimanded both he and Nantz in 2006 after their mini-tantrum when George Mason was given a tournament spot.

Next: Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan

I personally can't stand Jim Nantz either, but at least they got one of those guys out of the booth (although, they usually sit courtside). Gus Johnson for #1 PBP guy, baby!

Right on! Gus quickly became a personal favorite over the past 2 seasons. I watch the NFL game he calls each week.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't thinK Nantz is all that bad but I will 2nd the Gus Johnson talk, he is awesome to listen to.

Packer is proabbly one of the smartest basketball people out there, he just let his own narrow-minded opinion get in the way. He didn't really give a crap what anyone else though. Mid Majors everywhere are rejoicing. If it were up to Packer the only teams allowed in the tournament would be from the ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Big East, or Pac 10.

At times it seemed like he would flat out refuse to give someone credit. I don't know how many times he'll criticize someone's defense if someone makes a nice shot, or criticizes the offensive player when the defender makes a good play. I started to dislike Nantz when Tiger Woods rose to the scene and it was obvious Jim had the hots for him.

Archived