Brewer Fanatic

08/11/2006: Brewers (Capuano) @ Braves (Smoltz), 6:35PM CDT

Fike85
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Would any of us have complained if Kolb or Capellan or Helling were brought in to start the 9th and lost the game? No, we wouldn't have questioned it.

But Turnbow was an obviously questionable, hideous move.

Ned and Maddux's manlove for the guy has literally ruined our Brewer summer.

Who pitches there, besides maybe Helling?

And if Helling pitches there, aren't we kind of wasting him, considering the pitcher's spot could have come up in the tenth?

Seems to me like the best options were Kolb and Turnbow, which is kind of like picking between getting stabbed with a knife or salad tongs.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Are they just hoping that sooner or later Turnbow can throw his slider again? I mean Kolb isn't good, but he won't wlak men into scoring position most of the time. Turnbow has one pitch, a flat fastball that goes out fast with solid contact.

Quote:
Would any of us have complained if Kolb or Capellan or Helling were brought in to start the 9th and lost the game? No, we wouldn't have questioned it.

But Turnbow was an obviously questionable, hideous move.

It was a terrible move, yet the only reason it didn't work was because the moron behind home plate was afraid to ring up Andruw Jones in his home park in the ninth inning.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Or maybe it wasn't called because Turnbow couldn't come close to finding the plate? I mean he has no clue where his pitches are going to go.

And Gross made the last out, so Ned could have easily doen a DS not to watse Helling.

Quote:
Damian Miller turned his mitt and under-caught that last pitch to Jones. If he had just plain caught it, they probably get the call. Not a good job of framing on that pitch.

Which is a really stupid way for an umpire to make a decision.

If he needs the catcher to frame the pitch so he can see where it is, he shouldn't be back there.

The catcher's job is to call the pitch and catch the pitch. He's not the home plate ump.

Not only that, but that pitch didn't require framing. It was almost perfect. If that's not a strike when you're throwing into a mitt the size of Mench's head, the umpire just plain isn't paying attention.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Yost is a Turnbow addict. He announces one day, that Turnbow "will not close games for now". Kolb gets one opportunity and saves a game. What happens? Yost goes right back to Turnbow even after they acquire Cordero.

After Cordero bails Turnbow out of a sure blown game vs. the Reds, Yost finally makes a change. Ah but he finds a way to get him in position to lose another.

And as much as I don't have faith Turnbow would have gotten out of it had that ball been caught, that was an atrocious effort by Gross which should not be tolerated. That's akin to Aramis Ramirez walking to first base because he thinks he hit a HR and getting gunned out at third.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived