Brewer Fanatic

08/11/2006: Brewers (Capuano) @ Braves (Smoltz), 6:35PM CDT

Fike85

Inspired by Graffy's double, I will munch on crow souffle appetizer tonight.

Yes, it did suck to get rid of George of the Rose, especially when your hand was forced by injury. Perhaps it would have happened anyway. We got value back, and then some.

when you look at George's first 2 starts with KC:

7.1 IN

8.87 ERA

2.68 WHIP

8.87 K/9

7.61 BB/9

from CBS's player notes:

All four batters De La Rosa walked scored. "That's what happens when you don't throw strikes," De La Rosa said. "It was all mechanics. I'll work on it."

Personally, I'm glad he's "working on it" on KC's watch.

Graffanino - better than Barnwell since 2006

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday all! It is nice to kick back and watch the Brew Crew with a nice steak, baked potato, Stella Artois, and when the going gets rough, Patron Tequila! El Cabezo will lead us to victory!

Just picked up a case of Stella from Sam's. Its not easy to find.

I'm not even really watching the game. It's worked the last two days, so I figured I'd try it again. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

As for Jenkins, I'm speechless to a certain extent, because I can't believe it finally happened.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I know that Smoltz is pitching but this offense is terrible. I know most of the posters here have been screaming about the Crew needing more pitching but the offense is a much bigger problem. This entire outfield needs to be replaced before next season. I would personally like to see Hart in RF and two new starting outfielders. Clark,Jenkins, and Mench are just not good enough.

I just cannot beleive that Yost put Jenkins in that spot!!! I mean, here is a guy that just got benched.... who strikes out at an alarming rate (granted more against lefties)...and he is the one Yost goes to to make contact with one out and the tying run on 3rd. OH MY GOD!!! I was ready to throw something at my TV. OK, add me to the list of people not happy with Yost. Whew......he IS lucky tonight! Stupidity worked!

Archived