Brewer Fanatic

08/11/2006: Brewers (Capuano) @ Braves (Smoltz), 6:35PM CDT

Fike85

Chris Capuano looks to get his first win since the All-Star break as the Milwaukee Brewers look to win their first road series since taking 3 of 4 from the Cubs June 26-29.

The Atlanta Braves are 17.0 out of first in the NL East and only 2.5 ahead of the last-place Washington Nationals. They enter the game having lost 5 of their last 7 games.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Cappy, lets build on your last outing. We want a QS.

Offense, please don't have used your run output for the entire road trip in the last two games of the homestand.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/7132.jpg

From ESPN:

Chris Capuano takes the mound in search of his first win in more than a month on Friday when the Milwaukee Brewers visit the Atlanta Braves in the opener of a three-game series.

On July 6, Capuano (10-8, 3.87 ERA) recorded his 10th victory of the season, firing a six-hitter against the Chicago Cubs. But in his last five starts, the lefthander is 0-4 with a 6.75 ERA.

vs.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/4232.jpg

John Smoltz (9-5, 3.54) will put his personal five-game winning streak on the line for Atlanta on Friday. Over his last eight starts, Smoltz is 5-0 with a 2.89 ERA.

I take back everything I said about the Brewer's the last couple day's. Benching Jenkins has been a long time coming but I really never thought they had the nads to do it. It's a great say in Brewerland. Not that a franchise player is being benched. It's that we finally are playing the guys that give us the best chance to win now and in the future.

It's that we finally are playing the guys that give us the best chance to win now and in the future.

Is that really true? OPS vs RHP this YR.

Mench 724

Clark 692

Jenkins 802

Plus Jenkins is a superior defender. Gross in CF, Hart in LF and a platoon of Mench/Jenkins is our Best lineup

Please enough with this great Brady Clark OPS. Look at his RBI's and Runs scored. Brady Clark gets to 1st base 40% of the time and then can't steal 2nd base. He unlike Jenkins is a terrible defender and we would look much better and create more excitement with Gwynn Jr. in center. So please quit building up Brady Clark into this great player, Ned Yost does that enough.

Happy Friday all! It is nice to kick back and watch the Brew Crew with a nice steak, baked potato, Stella Artois, and when the going gets rough, Patron Tequila! El Cabezo will lead us to victory!

Archived