Brewer Fanatic

Thoughts on Carroll University (formerly Carroll College)?

RU Rah Rah

I went there for two years right out of high school. This would be from 1989 to 1991. So I probably wouldn't be much help with how it is today.

It was pretty nice when I went there thou. I liked that it was small and everything was pretty much contained within those few blocks. But they had a complete hatred for fraternities at that school and eventually shut mine down. But, we did have the rep of being the "Animal House" type of fraternity.

It got to be too expensive for me, so I transferred to UWM.

I graduated from Carroll in 2005. I am mixed about my feelings for the school. I met some great people and had some great teachers. If I had to do it agian I think I would go else where. Just because I would want to go somewhere with a bigger name. It's a quiet nice campus, the things that I didn't like about it was that it reminded me of high school. I went to Arrowhead so the enrollment was about the same and because of this it remained to have an high school atmosphere, cliques, etc. I didn't like some of the Carroll rules like the convecation thing they make everyone go to, that got old right away and I stopped going to it. It's a clean campus, and everyone I delt with seemed friendly. I never hung around campus after my classes were done, so not sure how the school activities were, the first time I ever stepped foot into the gym was when I was graduating.

Their football team is terrible.

I graduated in 2004 and really enjoyed my time there. The only thing to be nervous about would be if you are going to be on the Arts side of the equation. The college is concentrating a lot more on the sciences and vocational majors and no longer emphasizing its roots as a classic bachelor of arts college. There were quite a few of my favorite professors on that side that were denied tenure and had to leave. Beautiful campus though and the neighborhood is nice

I currently go to Carroll and second the high school vibe. It's funny to see the football players strut around like they own the place and there are definitely cliques too. And sometimes, I just don't get a warm, friendly feeling from the students walking around. Usually if I pass professors or other adults I get a friendly vibe, but the students are a bit stuck up in my opinion.

Archived