Brewer Fanatic

Pick the NL Playoff Teams

splitterpfj
"92.34"

Are you saying you think the Brewers will win 92 games this year? I know this is our team and all, but that's a little crazy.

I dont see why that is crazy? This team is on pace to win 90 games. Considering the schedule strength is lower in the 2nd half, more home games, added the reigning Cy Young winner...why couldn't they play two games better than the pace they set in the 1st half?

"92.34"

Are you saying you think the Brewers will win 92 games this year? I know this is our team and all, but that's a little crazy.

This team is on pace to win 90 games.

88 and change, but who's counting?

I think the WC is going to come out of the NL East, and the Brewers are going to stay home yet again.

NL East: Phillies/Mets

NL Central: Cubs

NL West: Dodgers

WC: Phillies/Mets

I see us losing enough games while leading in the second half of the season due to the bullpen issues. This team has also been notoriously a poor team in the second half of the season under Yost. Whether you want to blame that on his managing style or completely on personnel is up for debate, but it has been a trend.

There are a bunch of mediocre or just plain rotten teams in the NL, that's for sure. I'm liking that S.O.S. for the Cubs. Still, I guess I'd pick:

Mets

Cubs

D'backs

Brewers (wild card, edging Phillies)

Wait, I think I might take the Dodgers instead of the D'backs.

Ned Yost will never manage a team to the playoffs unless given an absolutely dominant bullpen. He abuses them too early in the season not to ultimately pay for it every second half.
I'm going to be saving this post for October 1st and then we will all see it again.

And you're saying that is a good thing or a bad thing for the Ned detractors?

Archived