Brewer Fanatic

08/13/2006: Brewers (Ohka) @ Braves (Hudson), 12:05PM CDT

sgtcluels
Quote:
Apparently. So I assume you were being sarcastic?

100%.

I was informed on Friday that Turnbow didn't "earn" that 3-2 pitch to Jones, as if the fact that it was right above the knees and over the inner half of the plate is somehow forgotten because Turnbow had the audacity to walk the leadoff hitter.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
100%.

I was informed on Friday that Turnbow didn't "earn" that 3-2 pitch to Jones, as if the fact that it was right above the knees and over the inner half of the plate is somehow forgotten because Turnbow had the audacity to walk the leadoff hitter.

You sure wouldn't think so, listening to Bill and Darron hem and haw about how a pitcher won't get calls on the edge of the strikezone if they haven't been throwing strikes.

Quote:
You sure wouldn't think so, listening to Bill and Darron hem and haw about how a pitcher won't get calls on the edge of the strikezone if they haven't been throwing strikes.

Sorry, but the pitch in question wasn't anywhere near the edge of the strike zone. In fact, you probably could have fit another baseball in between the location of Turnbow's pitch and the "edge" of the strike zone.

Bill and Daron hemming and hawing? NO!

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Hart is not doing much lately to keep Jenkins firmly planted on the bench...

Well he's getting on base at a .500 clip today.

In all seriousness, let's hope the Brewers let a young player develop for once without constantly looking over his shoulder. Hart has had two starts now since the Jenkins benching and he's hit some balls hard in addition to drawing two walks today. Give the kid some leeway now and reap the rewards later. Fans and management take note.

So...if Renteria is running out of the baseline, why isn't he out?

EDIT: This isn't to excuse Graffanino, who apparently felt like he had to make up for the big hit in the top of the inning. Maybe he forgot he wasn't in Kansas City, where failure to make up for a big hit with a dopey play in the field would probably get you a date with the kangaroo court.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
Although this one was not all Wise's fault.

The only well-hit ball is the only out so far.

Go figure.

I'm just glad I didn't have to listen to a ten-minute speech about the heart and soul of Marcus Giles after that ducksnort he dropped into left field to lead off the inning.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived