Brewer Fanatic

08/13/2006: Brewers (Ohka) @ Braves (Hudson), 12:05PM CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, as bad as last inning was, he's only thrown 3 innings and 59 pitches, so I don't see it as much of a surprise. Maybe if we had runners in scoring position when he came up this inning, I could have seen him getting pulled, but with 2 outs and nobody on, I don't really see the sense in burning your first pinch hitter already.

Quote:
WHY IS OHKA HITTING?

I gave Ned a pass on Friday, but this is ridiculous.

Huh? There isn't a manager in baseball that would have pinch hit for Ohka there. You don't pinch hit for your pitcher in the 4th inning after under 60 pitches.

Quote:
Huh? There isn't a manager in baseball that would have pinch hit for Ohka there. You don't pinch hit for your pitcher in the 3rd inning after under 60 pitches.

Even if he's seriously losing his you-know-what out there?

Is "pitch count" the only relevant statistic for pitchers anymore?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

At least he got out of THAT inning, but I think the last few outings we've seen more of the mediocre Tomo Okha. Probably best to see what Jackson or Villanueva can do next year rather than foot the $5-$6 million dollar bill to bring back Okha for one more season.

Quote:
Even if he's seriously losing his you-know-what out there?

Is "pitch count" the only relevant statistic for pitchers anymore?

No, but you don't take out your starter because he loses his control for a couple hitters. Sorry but there isn't a single manager in baseball that would take Ohka out there, I've never seen anyone do anything like that after just 3 runs.

Archived