Brewer Fanatic

7/13 Other Games (and MLB Futures Game 11:30 CT ESPN2)

crewcrazy

Arizona @ Philadelphia -- Webb vs. Hamels, 12:35 PM

St. Louis @ Pittsburgh -- Piniero vs. Snell, 12:35 PM

San Francisco @ Chicago -- Lincecum vs. Dempster, 1:20 PM (Televised on WGN)

Florida @ Los Angeles -- Miller vs. Billingsley, 3:10 PM

Colorado @ New York -- Redman vs. Pelfrey, 7:10 PM (ESPN Sunday Night Baseball)

The Futures Game, featuring Mat Gamel, is currently on ESPN2.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Forgot the futures game was on today, turned it on and saw that Gamel reached base in the bottom of the fourth. I'm glad it's on mlb.tv, too, since I don't have cable.

edit: Doug Melvin's on the telecast now talking shop. Nothing we don't already know. Inman's pitching, we traded him for Linebrink.

Dougs called in to the booth and is on camera on his cell from the stands. I find that funny.

Edit nope I see a mic now hand to ear for sound I guess

I missed that, so Melvin was in Yankee Stadium watching the game and they talked to him via cell phone during the game? That is funny.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

He had a espn mic in his other hand, hidden by the dude in front's head.

His left hand(I thought had the phone) was to his ear like he was holding in an earpiece or blocking out some noise.

The truth isn't as cool as what I thought I saw.

The booth was praising inmann and doug chirped in about trading him too. also a little funny and that

I'm watching the replay on the internet right now. The Yankees' PA announcer introduced both LaPorta and Gamel as "Matteo." He also pronounced Gamel's name "Ga-MUL."

Both guys looked very confused. It looked like Gamel looked down the row at LaPorta, too, as if to say, "wat."

I'm watching the replay on the internet right now. The Yankees' PA announcer introduced both LaPorta and Gamel as "Matteo." He also pronounced Gamel's name "Ga-MUL."
That's Bob Shepperd for you (Yankee PA guy). The guy's like 90-years old and doesn't even pay attention to the game as it is played. He reads books and does crossword puzzles. No joke.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived