Brewer Fanatic

Futures Game 11:30 AM Central ESPN2; Set Your DVR's (Mat Gamel)

There will be at this olympics but not at the next.

Awesome! I now have a actual reason to watch the Olympics this year. Does Gamel have a chance to be on team USA?

I would think so from what I'm seeing. Besides having an amazing season, he's starting at third and hitting third for the USA in the futures game. Looks like they think pretty highly of him.

LaPorta had a really nice dig playing 1st on a DP attempt. World takes a 1-0 lead. Gamel will bat in the bottom half

I'm only half joking, but, based on that one scoop LaPorta is better than Prince defensively. I used to take a scoop at first for granted but not anymore with the defensive circus that is Prince Fielder.

I'm only half joking, but, based on that one scoop LaPorta is better than Prince defensively. I used to take a scoop at first for granted but not anymore with the defensive circus that is Prince Fielder.

That is what I was thinking too. Obviously, it was one dig, but it has been hard watching Prince out there this year. It seems like if he does dig it out it is a great play, but I dont expect him too. I am probably way too hard on Prince.

two good ABs for Gamel, two walks. give him something to hit. bah!

Gamel made a really nice play on a slow roller in the 2nd inning, he made and off balance throw on time, but it was foul. He looked like a third baseman http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Inman threw a ton of off-speed stuff. I did not see what the gun said for his fastball speed. It was interesting that Melvin said that he asked if Gamel would be able to stay at 3rd every two weeks. He might have meant he just asked about Gamel's defense, but it was interesting.

The one fastball that registered when the graphic was up was 88 MPH. Inman has nice control, and that was a nice quick play on that line drive to end the inning. For the most part his pitches were down in the zone, I liked what I saw.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Uugghhh! I can't believe I missed it! I just assumed it was on tonight. I sit down turn on ESPN and find out the there is a Rockies/Mets game on instead. Oh well, I guess I need to visit the minor league forum more often.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I still think the Linestink trade was horrible...and after reading the Inman comments from today, I guess I probably have some company! Here's hoping the CC trade actually gets the Crew in the playoffs, or next year will be talking about LaPorta from the same point of view....WASTE OF EXCELLENT TALENT!

Archived