Brewer Fanatic

What do we see for Brad Nelson?

obobo55
Given that this injury is the type that completely kills careers, yeah 4 years isn't that long of a time.

I remember reading that Baseball America (I think it was) article about that too. I don't remember many specific examples of other people who had wrist injuries besides Nomar Garciaparra, who came back and had two excellent seasons right after his injury, and Adrian Gonzalez who didn't miss much time but did have a bad year in 2003. My point, I guess, is that I was somewhat skeptical of that article. Most of the examples used were prospects, many of whom would have never panned out anyway.

I know Dustin Pedroia had a broken hamate last year during the end of the season and the playoffs and he kept playing and is back this year doing well too.

David Ortiz had his removed in 2001 and has had 7 straight very good-excellent seasons.

Here's a summary of an article from a medical journal that lists the average recovery time until a person is at full-strength again from the removal of a hamate bone as 8 weeks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived