Brewer Fanatic

08/14/2006: Brewers (Bush) @ Pirates (Santos), 6:05PM CDT

Fike85

The Milwaukee Brewers (55-62) once again are looking to win their first road series since late July. Unfortunately they will be playing at PNC Park, where they have been the victims of several 4-game sweeps and are 15-34 overall.

The Pittsburgh Pirates (45-73) are well on their way to their 14th consecutive losing season. However, the Pirates have seemed to settle into the role of spoiler after sweeping the first-place Cardinals last season. Moreover, the Pirates will once again have an opportunity to thwart the Brewers attempt at their first winning season since 1992.

We never do well at PNC. We are cursed there and will be lucky to get 1 game out of it, despite the recent trend the Brewers have of not getting swept but only getting 1 out of 3.

With that said, I'm sure the Brewers will sweep this series just to tease us.

It is PNC and Victor Santos. I feel some really bad mojo coming on http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif . I hope I'm wrong.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Here's my attempt at Santos-undermining mojo:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/may05/chase509.jpg

Victor, may you look similarly downtrodden tonight, as a Brewer rounds the bases courtesy of your pitch.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The caption didn't say. But that would be interesting.

Or else it would guarantee that Cirillo starts at 3B in place of Bell.

Edit: I did some checking. It's Chase Utley, rounding the bags for one of his two homeruns hit on May 9, 2005.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"We've talked about it a lot. Enough is enough. Now we go into Pittsburgh, and they've played us tough, but we need to get in there and sweep them. Not just win the series, but sweep them." - Matt Wise

anybody listening on MLB Gameday? No audio coming out except the WTMJ call sign at the end of innings. That sucks. Now I gotta listen to the boring Pirates guys.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Apparently the spirit of Davey Lopes no longer lives in Milwaukee.

Walks are not okay anymore, especially when someone inferior is on deck. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
Your Milwaukee Brewers - Causing Stress 162 days a year.

That's funny. At the Wednesday game vs. the Cubs I told my dad that for me Opening Day represents the beginning of 6 months of misery.

Schroeder must be drinking in the booth. He calls this a very good outing by Bush? Maybe some of the runs were flukes as he said, but giving up a homer to the #8 hitter with 2 outs should automatically take you out of the "good outing" category. And 4 runs in 5 IP is not great. That's part of the problem, change the mind set. You think the Sox, or the Yankees, would call that a good outing? I don't think so.

Also, Schroeder says that putting Jenks in as a pinch-hitter right now is a tough decision for Yost as far as removing Bush from the game? No way. Bush was not sharp tonite and you had to pinch hit for him in that situation to try and get back in the game. That was a no-brainer in my opinion.

He went 5 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 2 K's.

I wouldn't call that a good outing either but its not a terrible one. He unfortunately gave up 2 HR's which has been his problem all year. He had only thrown 69 pitches and our rotation has put a lot of stress on the bullpen so it was a hard decision for Yost to remove him, I'm personally not a fan of the choice but thats just me.

Archived