Brewer Fanatic

What's your favorite tailgating accessory?

ewizabeff

I have three items that have been incredibly valuable for tailgating:

-10' x 10' tent - just purchased yesterday, and it's already saved me one massive sunburn

-2 lightweight horses and a 5' wood plank - The wood was in my garage when I bought my house, and the horses are cheap. Makes a great table without having to purchase one.

-Grill Grate Grabber. I picked this up at Williams-Sonoma for $2 when someone returned it in the middle of winter. Never again will I touch a messy grill grate with my hands.

Today I was just made aware of this crazy accessory: Tailgator. I guess it would be good if you just couldn't go without a daquiri while tailgating.

I've got a pretty decent system.

1 Sun Tent

1 Plastic Table. It gets pretty small.

1 Plastic Large Box to hold tailgate "kit" includes

- A good supply of paper plates

- A good supply of garbage bags

- Tupperwear container full of plastic forks/knifes/spoons

- Can Opener (Usually gets borrowed by strangers alot)

- Full grill accessories (tongs/fork and spatula)

- Oil for grill w/ brush

- Salt and Pepper

- First Aid Kit

- Baby Wipes (Very handy for those stubborn stains)

- Random various sized beer coozies

- Spare propane tank (Yeah I know.. but propane is so easy to use in the lot and doesn't require handling hot coals while drunk)

- Matches (For if/when starter burns out or random person requires one)

- Sunblock

- Grease Traps for grill

- Grill Cleaning Goods

2 Bag Chairs for me and a guest.

2 Cornhole Boards that collapse well, and set of bags.

It works well, but I'd like one of those metal baskets for the tailgate. So I can get 5+ 2 people in the back of the SUV to avoid spending 8 bucks. That's the next big purchase.

Ross wins.

I've always kept a soft-sided lunch bag in my trunk that contained tongs, matches, sunblock and utensils. Now that I've read the post by Clueless, I may have to buy a rubbermaid tote and fill it with all of my (those) supplies.

Regarding the first post, I've always used my tongs to lift up the grill grate.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have a knack for bringing everything needed and more....and then forgetting the tongs. I seriously forget those things 1 out of every 5 games...which leads to me doing it by hand, which gets mighty hot. I have several pairs, and I leave one in my car...but I somehow manage to bring it in to wash it and then forget it.

Take yesterday, have the tongs and forks in a bag, i take it out to load the cooler, set it down in the drive....and yes, you got it, left it there.

This table has seen many a tailgates. It rolls up into a bag like the chair in a bag. I got mine at Linens and Things much cheaper than this. LOVE IT.

We also have a pre-packed tailgating kit that has plastic silverware, tongs, matches, napkins, salt and pepper, plastic cups and a sharp knife in it. That way we're never without. I'm a big fan of the dollar store for this type of stuff - that way you don't care when it's lost/broken/stolen.

These are my two favorites, besides the booze, my grill and my folding picnic table:

http://www.buylifetime.com/Images/22119_lg.jpg

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-91181333552265_2008_143296981

My one thing I need every time besides the regular grill food and beer is my giant 5ft x 8ft navy blue/gold Brewer flag from the old Bush stadium the 20ft flag pole and blue/yellow base that you drive over with one tire to secure it down. I have always had friends call to figure out were my car is and they said before they even turn off canal st they can see the flag. If you ever see this flag flying in the big general lot come over and say hi. I always like meeting people from BF.net http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/Zachlaka/brewers/StLouisOldBushStadiumFlag.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/Zachlaka/brewers/StLouisOldBushStadiumFlag2.jpg

Add to the list a bean bag toss game (In Brewers colors of course!!!)

We have it so freaking lucky as Brewers fans it isn't even funny. How many stadiums around baseball not only have the space for tailgating but actually allow and encourage it?

My tailgaiting is usually pretty simplistic - chair, grill, cooler, meat, chips, beer, bean bag toss

Archived