Brewer Fanatic

7/12/08 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (McClung): 6:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of "the Reds are playing good baseball" schtik.

They just got thier behinds beat in Chicago. Man up and get it done, Crew. If you want to be in the playoffs, Crew, it doesn't matter if the other guys are good. You have to be better, and right now you aren't.

Well, this game got that much tougher to win. Good thing CC's going tomorrow.

So did the division as well.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/243/davebouffordismrpositivkm6.jpg

Nothing -- NOTHING! -- seems to go right in these series against the Reds. Whether it's Josh Fogg outdueling Manny Parra or Dunn launching homers into the Dew Deck or Javier Valentin hitting walkoff singles. I don't think there's a team I hate seeing the Brewers play more.

Hopefully CC shuts them down tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

As Brewer fans we should've seen this coming. The easiest 10 game home stretch on paper all year and the best they can do is 6-4. How awesome, they are playing down to the competition again. See: Usbaldo Jimenez, Josh Fogg and Glendon Rusch. No excuse not to be 8-2 on this home stand. That's what good teams do. I think the CC trade has made them complacent. Ahhhh, we have CC now, just show up and we will win every night.

If he doesn't we get to stew on probably being a full 7 GB all the way until Friday. And then the Brewers get to hit the road with a nice trip and then close the month with some very high leverage series.

Since HGH is technically undetectable by MLB right now, we could theoretically pitch in a few bucks each to send a shipment Gagne's way, right? One last cycle and maybe he'll go from "horrible" to "mediocre".

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

When the GM says, "we're going for it", the Manager better know he can't use guys late in games who can't produce. Don't tell me they should keep Mota and Gagne...DFA just like Turnbow and get someone up here who can get outs....that's going for it.

Archived