Brewer Fanatic

7/12/08 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (McClung): 6:05 CDT

wibadgers23

How does a guy with 15 errors already this year manage to save the lead for the Reds? Incredibly frustrating stuff, but at least it looked like they were starting to put something together that inning against Volquez.

Edit: I have a hard time faulting Prince's patience there -- he already showed a good eye in laying off two nasty pitches and thought he had something he could hit. The bat broke and killed the momentum of the ball. Kendall's "patience" has pretty much sucked lately, too, so I don't know how he would've had a better chance at getting a run in there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how Reds fans are feeling right now, as it's something we Brewer fans have gotten used to. Jump out to a lead, add on nothing against a bottom of the rotation guy, and hope your top of the rotation guy doesn't lose out on what should probably be a win.

I know Manny Parra, for one, has no sympathy.

I can definitely see why they call Volquez "Little Pedro" -- dude's stuff is absolutely wicked. Hopefully the Brewers can get something going against Stormy Weathers with the heart of the order coming up next inning. Riske just has to put up a 0.

Twitter

Well, the McClung Experiment was fun while it lasted...looks like we know who'll be losing their rotation spot.

Good call on that.

I'll admit I was wrong there -- Seth did a great job settling down after that rough first inning. It's too bad that one bad pitch to Dunn really cost him, but I still think Suppan will eventually replace McClung once he gets back.

Twitter

Well, this game got that much tougher to win. Good thing CC's going tomorrow.
or we could say that our comeback is going to look that much nicer http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Yes!

This, too, will be the end of the Branyan honeymoon.

Methinks 6 GMs for teams across 6 divisions should have some type of timeshare cooperative with ol Russ, whereby each team gets his "new to the uniform" OPS 1.000+ treatment for 27 games each.

Archived