Brewer Fanatic

7/12/08 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (McClung): 6:05 CDT

wibadgers23

Sure we arent playing good right now this past week, but nothing to worry bout yet!

This is entirely the problem. If you can't go at least 8-2 or 7-3 on a homestand against 3 of the worst teams in the NL(if not all of baseball), then you have problems. You are not going to win a division when you split a series at home against Colorado, and lose a series to Cincinnati.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought tie was supposed to go to the runner? It didn't even really look like that much of a tie...I thought it was pretty clear that he beat it out, but I guess it could've gone either way. I guess the good news is that the Brewers managed to get a couple of hits in that inning and were pretty patient.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Sure we arent playing good right now this past week, but nothing to worry bout yet!

This is entirely the problem. If you can't go at least 8-2 or 7-3 on a homestand against 3 of the worst teams in the NL(if not all of baseball), then you have problems. You are not going to win a division when you split a series at home against Colorado, and lose a series to Cincinnati.

Colorado is not nearly as bad as their record. They have been ravaged by injuries this season and even without Tulo and Helton, they have a pretty nice lineup.

theres still 9 innings to go in this game, 2 and a half months of baseball left in the season. Sure we arent playing good right now this past week, but nothing to worry bout yet!

If you would have just added a "and we're up 4.5 games in the division", I would have said this was from just before the all star game post in 2007...

Nice bounceback inning for McClung. Hopefully this is like the Colorado game Bush started where he had a rough first and was great after that (and the team scored 11 runs... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif).

Twitter

Volquez can't be any good, because the Brewers rake against aces.

Normally, the Brewers rake against aces, but struggle against pitchers they've never seen before (because, apparently advance scouting is a foreign concept). What happens when the Brewers face an ace that they've never seen before? Does it cause a rip in the time-space continuum?

Twitter

Haha...Prince thought he popped that one foul. I don't know what's more funny -- the fact that Prince didn't know he hit it that well, or the fact that Brian Anderson has spent the past few minutes talking about how relieved he is that Prince wasn't showing anyone up. Get off the high horse, BA.

Twitter

Wow, Volquez has made Hardy look silly all night. He's tied him up so bad on a couple of inside fastballs that he's fallen to one knee a couple times.

Jeez...96 MPH fastball on the low outside corner. Impossible to do anything with that.

Twitter

Archived