Brewer Fanatic

Where to get the stupid DTV converter boxes?

JoeHova

Hi everybody-

I have a couple old (that is to say, non-digital tuner) TVs that I don't use now, but that I will want to use at some point in the future, so I want to get some of those converter boxes so they will work. I applied for some of those coupons awhile ago, but I kind of forgot about it until now and now mine expire in like a week.

Because I don't use the TV's now, I don't want to spend a lot, but I also don't want to get a piece of junk. I've been to a couple stores that have been sold out of them but I really don't want to have to hunt all over the city (Minneapolis, in my case) for them.

Any help/advice anybody could give me would be much appreciated. I'd also be interested in hearing other people's experiences with various stores/models.

You can find them at the big places like Sears and WalMart. Actually I think the card itself links to a site that shows local dealers.

In Western Wisconsin, at least, they tend to sell out the day they arrive, according to a little informal survey of electronics department folks. We actually found out when the truck came in and then got there that afternoon. I don't recall the model number, but we've had mixed results so far.

Archived