Brewer Fanatic

iPhone 3G horror stories

brewtown82
Okay, so i got in line before 8:00 am today, and was like 50th in line. I waited till 11:40am and still was not close to getting one due to insanely slow activations. I had an appointment at noon, so i had to leave the line. When i got back (at 1:00pm), my spot in line was just going into the store to get one, and the employees at the apple store would not let me in. so, naturally, i'm at home iPhone-less and pissed off.

the most insanely worthless items, especially for someone like me that spends all day in front of a comp, uses about 20 minutes a month on a cell and never texts anyone. And before you ask I am not nearly a man, I am only 30.

Just pretend they dont come out until next week. Then you'll be happy when you get it early!

Yeah, I'm not even mad about not getting it, just the time wasted. I was going to wait a couple days but had a morning to kill and decided "why not". Big mistake.

Well my story is not so horrible. Took the half day yesterday to try to get one, no luck. But one store (Layton & 76th) said they might get some in overnight. Well got in line this morning at 9am. I am 7th in line, the person in the number 4 spot might look familiar to you. I am on the right obviously:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/stoops17/photo.jpg

He must have been there with line guy #1 who called to say no one was in line I guess, seemed some of the other people were miller park employees of sorts. He was upgrading from the first iphone. He was really nice. He openly was talking to everyone (about 9 people) about baseball, the season, other seasons, 1982 fan craziness and his atlanta time. He was wearing his championship ring. He also told us that Rickie Weeks sent a friend to mayfair to pick up his new iphone, somehow Rickie got the store to reserve one for him because the friend walked past the line and walked out with the phone and was then berated by the people in line i guess. The guy he knew that works at miller park said that Manny Parra's girlfriend wouldn't go stand in line for Manny.

While talking about last night's game the frustration was evident with the way the umpire's strikezones have been lately.

stoops17, that is pretty cool. While I was at Mayfair today for the Branyan signing there was a huge line to get into the Apple store there. I just wanted to go in to get some new ipod headphones and they told me I had to get in the line and wait for a personal shopper? I was like forget that I just need headphones.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I was very frustrating having my edge iPhone stuck at "authorizing" for a good 6 hours. Apple dropped the ball.

Anyways, now we know why Yost is slow on making in game calls. He's to busy texting people on his sweet iPhone.

I like Apple products and I am a AT+T cell phone customer. But I just don't feel the need to get into the iPhones and that. I have a video ipod and I have my cell phone. Im okay with them being two different pieces of technology.

are you Doug Melvin?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

i just got a new phone a moto Q, but since stoops saw Ned. I just wanted to say that while I was at the metro market on wednesday I saw Jack Zduriencik picking up a few items. By I the time I realized it was him he was already in the checkout line, and I figured that would look like I was a stalker. Regarding the launch of the iphone, not so great. You think they would have learned something after the original launch didn't do so great.

In an interview with Trenni (uh, that I just happened to stumble upon), she mentions that Ned puts together computers and is a big Mac guy. Cool that he was so friendly and talkative...his pressers seem so abrupt and condescending at times. Glad to know he gets as upset as anyone, because that's gotta be the explanation for that behavior.

ANYWAY, I'm waiting a week to get mine...no big need to get one right away.

I like Apple products and I am a AT+T cell phone customer. But I just don't feel the need to get into the iPhones and that. I have a video ipod and I have my cell phone. Im okay with them being two different pieces of technology.

are you Doug Melvin?

I am in fact NOT Doug Melvin. And after I wrote that I thought, wow I really sound like Melvin and that is why I kept it in my post and didn't edit it out.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I had a Q. I found the reception to be fairly spotty. For those using their phone for enterprise I'd easily say RIM 8830 is the best phone (Esp since it's Quad band and can go on both CDMA and GSM networks. So you'll have good coverage about anywhere) For personal use, out of all I've used.. iPhone. I find the windows mobile platform pretty weaksauce, it doesn't handle doing multiple things at once very nicely, and the app to app intergration of iPhone is very well done.

Plus it makes me at least 2 times better looking to the ladies. I'm curious to see how android is going to be. Google should be able to make a pretty awesome framework.

Archived