Brewer Fanatic

08/16/2006: Brewers (Capuano) @ Pirates (Duke), 11:35AM CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
wow, I completely disagreee with having clark hit there

how can you completely disagree with the decision? They're in a close game, bench player have a good chance of being needed in the later innings . . . why burn one now..especially since you just used one (also one of the best ones). I'm not saying Brady was perfect for the situation, but you can't just yank him without thinking about the situation.

how can you completely disagree with the decision? They're in a close game, bench player have a good chance of being needed in the later innings . . . why burn one now..especially since you just used one (also one of the best ones). I'm not saying Brady was perfect for the situation, but you can't just yank him without thinking about the situation.

I'd rather have Gross hit vs the righty Capps 10 out of 10 times. He's also better defensively than Brady imo.

But then you have one less player on the bench in a 1-run game. I'd rather have Gabe up to bat also, but then later in the game you may be stuck with a pitcher batting. If this is the case, you may as well bat from Brady in the 3rd inning when there is a guy on 2nd base. It's not smart to just pinch hit in that situation.

7th inning and 3rd inning are two totally different situations. You still have Jenks on the bench for later in the game.

Edit: And there is no real difference between Jenks and Gross as neither can hit LHP. This also reiterates the mind-boggling reason as to why this team carries 13 pitchers.

I think the fact that they have 13 pitchers (which I completely disagree with) is the reason why I think it was smart NOT to pinch hit for Clark there. With a team that has another option on the bench besides two lefties, I would say you are right. But with our bench, I just don't know. I think the right decision was made. Even if Brady would have made an out.

Oh boy...you know whats gonna happen now? Jenkins is going to drive in the winning run in the 9th. Then he's going to win his starting job back.

OK. Whatever. I'd really like this win.

Couldn't Corey move to CF?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived