Brewer Fanatic

08/16/2006: Brewers (Capuano) @ Pirates (Duke), 11:35AM CDT

sgtcluels
You can say whatever you want about having to deal Carlos Lee, but the only thing we were going to get out of trading him to any other team was a few prospects. Intead, we landed a guy who is a All Star Closer, and lets face it, how many of these games would we have won if Turnbow was still doing that job, or Kolb even? Having CO CO added to our team, while NOT overpaying Lee, will keep our momentum headed in the right direction, we still have a lot of work to do on this squad , but i have to tell you, watching CO CO is the 180 degree opposite of what watching Derrick used to be. Good job Doug, you got value for our all star in his contract year, now go spend some money this offseason! oh, one more thing F U Buco's!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
(But they still look terrible)

I wouldn't disagree with this, but at the same time because we are making more contact than we used to, there will come a point where we're not hitting the ball at people, and the runs will come. At least that is what Doug must be hoping for. It was pretty frustrating every inning when we'd hit into a DP though.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived