Brewer Fanatic

Autograph Fridays

bensheeps

I've never been, but your post made me do some looking - the players and their locations are posted online:

link

I'm guessing your son could look at the list and plan what location he wants to go to first to make sure he gets his favorite player that's signing tonight.

Yes, several. In no particular order

1) Don't attempt to get the studs of the lineup. In this case, that's only Ryan Braun or Gagne.

2) Show up early; Figure on 3:30pm at the latest and stand in line for two hours.

3) Bring the Nike's; Run like a dickens.

4) Know the seating diagram and plan your entry.

5) Did I mention run like a dickens?

If you aren't the first 80 or so in line for a premier player, don't bother. Lines for Braun, Fielder, Weeks, get 350 deep or so within the first 90 seconds. Scout out the other lines as they only get 60 deep or so and sometimes are non-existant before the end of the session. Sometimes getting 3-4 autos is better than standing deep in a line, only to have the time expire with only ten more to go before your turn.

Sometimes getting 3-4 autos is better than standing deep in a line, only to have the time expire with only ten more to go before your turn.

My thoughts as well, but not easy to explain to a 10 year old Braun fanatic.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well Braun is in 111/112 tonight. That would mean lining up outside the RF corner entrance, being one of the top 40 in line and being able to explain to him to be able to run quickly and stay with you without getting lost. You should be okay. Most people tend to do the home plate entrance and run like a dickens, because the premier players are most often by home plate, but not tonight.

We entered in the right field corner and my son sprinted to the Braun line. Unfortunately, he had no chance.

My wife and two-year-old daughter were more interested in getting Bernie Brewer's auto, so they headed to the left field corner. They were able to get a picture with my daughter on Bernie's lap along with the auto. The two of them moved over and were also able to get Mitch Stetter's auto with it signed to my son.

I tried the Torres line after getting everyone else situated. Ended up missing out by two people when Torres had to leave.

So came away with a couple of autos (if you include Bernie) with the added bonus of finally meeting Hawing and her S.O.

Archived