Brewer Fanatic

7/11 Other Games

ELCABALLO45
1st and 3rd with nobody out and rowand sits there and watches 3 strikes down the middle of the plate. pretty pathetic. he has to be agressive there knowing who is behind him. It was very reminiscent to that Dillon at bat against the Cardinals earlier this year, if you guys remember that one.

well to be fair, that ball looked like it was going foul so I can't blame Ramirez for watching it. But I'm expecting him to get one in the arm tomorrow.

If that was true, Ramirez wouldn't have done his bat flip thing. He knew it was gone.

I just watched A-Ram's homer...I don't understand how Braun gets a rap for cockiness when you've got dudes like Ramirez, Zambrano and Soriano flailing and posturing all the time. When Sosa and Alou left the Cubs I thought I wouldn't hate them as much anymore but that is just an unlikeable collection of guys.

datrain711 wrote:

yeah it is pretty amazing that no one talks about his posturing. Hopefully he gets one in his ear for that.

But he plays for the cubbies! That makes it different!

Seriously tho, he's a great player, but to hear cub fans criticize Braun for doing the exact same thing that Z, Soriano and Ramirez does is hypocritical. If Ramirez were more like DLee and just goes about his business, i probably wouldn't dislike him at all.

What has Zambrano done lately to warrent being unlikeable?

Nothing within the past few weeks. It's the same junk he has been doing his entire career that annoys everybody not fans of the northside. Watch his mannerisms and think if Ben Sheets, or Chris Carpenter did it. I bet it would annoy the heck out of cub fans.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

He gets pissed off at himself. And he points to the sky on the way back to the dugout. Kevin Youk is far worse but is he hated by Yankees fans for that matter? No.

And about Braun, we dislike him more for his bat and success against us. Same reason why you guys would probably dislike Soriano and Ramirez.

Kevin Youk is far worse but is he hated by Yankees fans for that matter? No.

Um, yes,

And about Braun, we dislike him more for his bat and success against us. Same reason why you guys would probably dislike Soriano and Ramirez.
I don't dislike any Cubs other than Ramirez. He's a tool.

I'll agree that the dislike of Braun by Cubs fans is more performance-related than anything else (although I'm not sure anyone is hated as much as Corey Hart on NSBB http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif). I think the Astros and their fans hate Braun more for his posturing than his play, though, going back to that home run he hit against them last year (forever referenced by the SF quote in my sig) -- I don't think there's been a Brewers/Astros series since that game in which Braun *didn't* get hit by a pitch. Of course, they have no problem when Carlos Lee stares at his latest flyball soaring into the Crawford seats.

I don't dislike Aramis...I think I'm more annoyed by him than anything. Part of it is his tendency to always come up in big spots, and part of it is Len Kasper sounding like Kermit the Frog whenever Ramirez comes through in the clutch. I definitely respect the numbers Ramirez puts up at a difficult position, though, and if it wasn't for Chase Utley, he'd probably be my pick for NL MVP at this point because of how much he's meant to that team.

As far as Giants/Cubs goes, I'd be surprised if the Giants manage to steal one from the Cubs at Wrigley this weekend. At this point, I'd be just as happy with the Brewers expanding the wildcard lead over the Cards and Mets heading into the break.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

More pressure on the Brewers tonight. Noted Brewer killer Jack Wilson butchers a throw to gun down Troy Glaus at the plate (an accurate throw gets him EASILY) and then the next guy up, Rick Ankiel, hit's a homer. Cards up 4-0

Archived