Brewer Fanatic

Over/Under Rickie Weeks (Season totals)

How do you guys think Rickie Weeks will fare the rest of the season.

Just give an Over/Under

.260 Batting average

21 home runs

.370 OBP

111 runs

25 stolen bases

I think

Under-Just below .260 batting average around .255

Over- I think Rickie will show some real power in the second half and end up around 23

Over- Once he starts hitting i think those walks will go up

Over- Again the more he gets on base the more he scores

Over- The more hes on base the more he will get opportunities for stolen bases

All in all I think Rickie will have a real solid second half and carry this Brewers offense.

All in all I think Rickie will have a real solid second half and carry this Brewers offense.

I want this to happen, I really, really do. If he were to get seriously hot, the offense could really click through the first five spots in the order.

But Rickie's OBP since he came off the DL (June 22) is .307. He also has exactly one HR in that span. If anything, he's trending in the opposite direction.

Under

Push

Under

Push

Push

I think Weeks hits around .250-.260 in the second half and that leads to a roughly .370 OBP but he wont' make up for the low stats from the first half. His sabermetric numbers are way off this year so to me at least part of the AVG is bad luck but he still isn't going to be a high average hitter. Just too many Ks and too many popups.

I think all unders, too.

And I definitely second the depressing feeling. It sucks to look at his month by month totals and see that he has pretty much been bad all year. It'd be one thing if he just had a 5-50 or something that was keeping his numbers down, but that's really not the case. It's not a wise idea to stick with a guy with a .321 OBP as the leadoff hitter through a pennant race. I'm not saying they need to dump him, but supplementing him with someone like Durham and doing a time sharing situation might be the best route.

I'd probably go unders on all but the steals. I do think Rickie will heat up after the all-star break. He's looked a little better recently. Maybe I'm just a Rickie believer and kidding myself, but I see no reason he couldn't do what he did the last 8 weeks of last season. However, from a statistical standpoint he's way too far behind those targets that were laid out.

He has an OPS 100 points higher against LHP's. I wasn't saying a straight platoon, either. I guess it would be the dreaded "hot hand" situation - Durham is pretty much the same against either handedness.

Also (and not that it's anything more than a weird anomaly) I noticed he hasn't hit a single HR at home this season - he actually has a higher OBP than SLG at MP this year.

Too bad he couldn't have been one to make the switch to the outfield. Less of a chance for errors such as last night again. Then perhaps acquire a true leadoff hitter. ricKiE wEEKs might not hurt as bad batting 7th or 8th. But now the outfield is seemingly set for years to come and it'll be time to cut bait this offseason.

Ricky has proven that he can turn it on in the 2nd half. I would like to think that if he can limit his K's in the 2nd half, his bat has shown some signs of life as of late and I think he could still manage to salvage a decent season. I don't think he should be hitting leadoff either, but the only problem is that no one else can. It would be nice if he could hit 6th behind Hart where he could just concentrate on driving guys in, not his OBP.

All unders except runs and SB's.

I'd probably just put Kendall or Cameron in the lead off spot starting after the all-star break. We can't justify giving Weeks the most at-bats each game anymore. It will probably take him asking out of the leadoff role for it to actually happen though.

Depressing season is almost an understatement. I know it's said that Spring Training numbers mean nothing, but I was worried with his start there. After his stats last year; dominating the last 1/4 of the season, it's hard to believe that he's really never shown any couple week sign of breaking out of it. Really sucks. I've lost sleep thinking about the situation.

Archived