Brewer Fanatic

7/11/08 Reds (Fogg) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
Yeah, I was fine with using Torres in the high-leverage situation, but I don't like sending him back out there for the 9th. Gagne or Stetter are just as good as a tired Torres, and I'd prefer to have him available tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What will make this loss extremely tough(if it happens), is you have to face Volquez tomorrow. That's not good. Who would've thought that in what was perhaps on paper your best shot(though unrealistic it may have been), to go 10-0 on a home stand and you are looking at 5-3 after tonight and staring 5-4 right in the face.....absolutely brutal and inexcusable especially given the Pitchers they faced on this home stand.

As much as we'd like to hope, the Brewers aren't going undefeated the rest of the season - while it always sucks to lose, I'm still happy that the Brewers will still have the best record in baseball since May 20th, even if they lose tonight.

Still have one more shot here - let's make it interesting

What will make this loss extremely tough(if it happens), is you have to face Volquez tomorrow. That's not good. Who would've thought that in what was perhaps on paper your best shot(though unrealistic it may have been), to go 10-0 on a home stand and you are looking at 5-3 after tonight and staring 5-4 right in the face.....absolutely brutal and inexcusable especially given the Pitchers they faced on this home stand.

Baseball's a funny game -- starting pitching match-ups are only a part of it. They've played pretty bad defense for most of the homestand and have struggled to do much hitting at all. Add in a bullpen blow-up here and there and it's not hard to see why they're in this situation. Still, considering how bad this team limped into the All-Star break last year, I'd be pretty happy with a winning homestand. I wouldn't even count on the best team in baseball history going 10-0 on a homestand -- it takes a ton of good fortune to do that.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

after watching this team for the past two years I actually like our chances better against a #1 or #2 starter than some no-name guy. but I know what you mean. on paper the match-up tomorrow does not look favorable.

anyone else think this ump has called multiple strikes that were definitely too low?

i'm telling you... many low pitches being called strikes tonight. but either way we probably didn't deserve to win.

oh well, time to go to the bar. let's try and get 2 out of 3 starting tomorrow. i'm going to both of those games, should be fun.

That last one was not a strike.

Every time I think this team has improved defensively, they play a week's worth of garbage defense. Every team will lose its share of games, but if you're going to lose - LOSE - don't give games away.

Archived