Brewer Fanatic

8/17/2006 Brewers (Sheets) vs. Astros (Hirsh) 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I dont have radio...is jenkins getting boo'ed? cause i hope so

After his last K, he got a rather large shower of boos. Jim Powell noted how the fans have really been getting on and booing Jenkins overall.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm willing to bet that Sheets is pitching with discomfort tonight but is not going to take himself out. The things I noticed

1) he walked the first guy (never a good sign for him).

2) he was throwing 88 in the first innning (according to the radio).

I believe we will hear about him "not feeling right" tomorrow.

Hmm...I guess not so much.

Now that I look it up, career 3.64 ERA against the Astros...last few years have been especially good. Sub-3.00 in 2004.

I think I feel that way about him against all NL Central teams. Weird.

Edit: Except for Cinci.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Oh no you didn't!

I assume you mean the eight-page Sheets thread from earlier this week that no, I didn't read. My duties for Brian and the guys on the Minor League Forum unfortunately keep me from even keeping close to catching up on all the threads.

Excuse me for taking out frustration tonight. There is no excuse for what I'm watching right now. The HBP to Biggio wasn't even close to missing him. Fat 0-2 pitches in crucial situations.

This was a step-up game. Regardless of what happens, Ben didn't pitch like an ace tonight.

Archived