Brewer Fanatic

08/18/2006 - Astros (Backe) @ Brewers (Ohka) 7:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I win at Ned Yost's life, lol.

While at the game I called every move he made before he made it. I even scared myself a bit, I think I've watched a few too many Brewers games this season. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I was glad to see Prince get the walkoff. Billy and Prince got the big pops for the night. Jenks got a 70/30 cheers/boos, but got one of the loudest ovations after his hit.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Just got home from Miller Park. Exciting finish, but the offense is still very alarming. I really hated the Corey Hart bunt attempts. I just never had the feeling Hart looked too comfortable up there and I wanted him to swing away. He just didn't strike me as someone you could depend on to get a bunt down.

I still think Yost sometimes lacks a feel for the game, but at least they won tonight.

Oh yeah . . . CORDERO RULES !!!!

Thank you Prince !!

BREWERS WIN !!!

Quote:
I really hated the Corey Hart bunt attempts. I just never had the feeling Hart looked too comfortable up there and I wanted him to swing away. He just didn't strike me as someone you could depend on to get a bunt down.

My friend and I were discussing the same thing. Plus with Rivera out there running, unless you lay down the perfect bunt, he is out. I knew Ned was going to bunt Hart, just because that's what "the book" tells you to do.

It was nice to see Prince's emotion after the W, too. A random note, on the board at MP when they were showing Wheeler's warm up tosses, every time they'd show him throw a pitch they'd cut to a picture of Prince hitting a ball, I thought it was funny and kind of cool.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
That kid Scott is a stud.

he's not quite a "kid" as he's 28. He's basically Brady Clark when he was on the Mets a few years ago. Oh, except for the part that he's actually good.

edit: oops, Brettac beat me to it. Again, serves me right to post without reading the entire thread.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll bet Corey has not been ask to bunt more than twice since sometime in little league. He did look out of place trying to square and bunt, but if anyone besides Mike was on second (except maybe Miller or Mench) then the pitcher looks at third and makes the throw to first for the sure out. Then they would have walked Graf and Prince has more options to gives us the same results.

I know that Corey is not your proto type lead off hitter, but watching on MLB, I think he is starting to find his stroke. I checked back in his stat history and if you take out his first 25-30 consistent AB's at the beginning of each season he is probably a .325 hitter from there on.

I like the fact that he is starting to hit to all fields, even if he is making outs it means he is seeing the ball pretty well. If he is making alot of outs to third base, like early in this new line up, then he is definitely in a funk.

With increase playing time and more AB's I believe we will see the true Corey. The one that everyone was posting for him to be in the starting line up.

Archived