Brewer Fanatic

Richie Sexson: A Yankee for about 4 weeks (reply #25)

lcbj68c

We should sign him!

Great insight. Where would he play? The Brewers have nowhere to put him on their roster. If he hit left handed and could play the outfield, then maybe. Big maybe.

The Richie Sexson era is bygone and we should treat it as such.

Even though he's not a lefty the Red Sox should pick him up to DH. Here's his away splits for this year: .260/.363/.512. Here's what they were away from Safeco in 2006: .271/.353/.515. In 2007 he was terrible home and away. Nevertheless it's worth a shot for some team to see if he can become Rickie Sexson Home Run Hitter once he's away from Safeco forever. The Orioles need a 1B.

my sister-in-law would love it if the Brewers signed Sexson, but I think it's a mistake for our club. Unless an injury to Prince popped up (and even then I'd be wary). Baltimore would make sense as would Boston, I guess.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

He's been hitting lefties OK; righties, not so much.

A decent option to back up the left-handed hitting Giambi. I like this move for the Yanks; low risk, moderate reward. This also allows NYY to use Betemit to back up at 3B & 2B more often. Now whether anyone thinks that's a good thing or not is up for debate.

Also, Richie hasn't been hitting lefties OK, he's been destroying them to the tune of a 1.045 OPS, playing half his games in Safeco.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 4 weeks later...

Archived