Brewer Fanatic

7/10/08 Rockies (JDLR) at Brewers (Bush), 1:05 PM CT

crewcrazy
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ueck was talking about being in New York at Shea before a game and being in the dining room/kitchen and he started talking about how Latino players have to learn to speak English and how their English is better than our Spanish attempts and he said that Ueck and Bill Castro and Vizcaino and Jenkins were standing around and apparently at the time Vizcaino didn't speak English very well and Castro asked if V if he know his name and V said "Castro" and then Ueck asked and V said "Bob Uecker" and then Jenks asked and V said "Cinco" - Jenks jersey number. Jenks said "Dude, I've been on your team for 3 years and you only know my jersey number"

After the commercial between half innings, Ueck went on to tell a story about when V got to Milwaukee right after Spring Training. V didn't have a car, so he asked the clubhouse manager to call him a cab to get home. The cab came, V got in, and the guy asked where to and V didn't know his address. Eventually they had to find the cabbie who drove V to the stadium in the morning to figure out where he lived.

I'm gonna really miss Uecker's stories when he eventually retires.

Uecker won't retire, he'll expire. That guy will die behind the mic. He is one of the greatest color commentators out there. Just like others said, I can never get enough of his hilarious stories and how he pokes fun of himself during his playing days.

I want to know what they gave Bush down in the minors - I'd like to order me up some of that.

I think its some of that "Secret Stuff" that Bugs Bunny used in the movie Space Jam. I don't know why that reference was the first thing that popped into my head, but oh well.

Hey guys,

On the whole valadation key thing on Corey's vote, if I just type in 000000 it works too. It goes to the next screen and say thanks for voting. So that means that counts right?

Heck, as long as it's not blank it'll work. I'm not sure if it counts, though.

Archived