Brewer Fanatic

08/19/2006 - Astros (Rodriguez) @ Brewers (Bush) 6:05pm CDT

sgtcluels

Houston Astros (58 - 64)

Wandy Rodriguez LHP (9-6, 5.22 ERA, 1.59 WHIP)

http://www.astroasylum.com/files/images/wandy%20ST2_0.jpg

Rodriguez was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock on Aug. 18 when Brandon Backe was placed on the 15-day DL. Rodriquez makes the start in place of Roy Oswalt, who needs more time to allow his bruised right wrist to heal. The left-hander made five starts for Round Rock, posting a 2-2 record with a 6.92 ERA. Rodriguez, who was 9-6 with a 5.22 ERA for the Astros prior to being optioned to Triple-A on July 21, allowed two runs over six innings for a no-decision in his only start against Milwaukee this season.

Note: Houstons Long Man, Dave Borkowski (3.48 ERA, 1.10 WHIP), was supposed to get the start today. With Backe going to the DL, it appears recently called up Rodriguez will get the start. Some sites conflict each other.

@

Milwaukee Brewers (58 - 64)

David Bush RHP (8-9, 4.69 ERA 1.21 WHIP)

http://media.bonnint.net/apimage/AZTH10504012255.jpg

After going 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA in his first two starts of August, Bush surrendered a single Pirates run in each of the first four innings on Monday before working a scoreless fifth. But he was replaced by a pinch-hitter in the sixth and took the 4-2 loss, his fifth versus three runs in 14 road starts. Bush has been much better at Miller Park, going 5-4 with a 3.65 ERA -- an ERA almost two points lower than his road mark.

Team Moves

Brewers

15 Day DL Retroactive to Monday 8/14: Matt Wise RHP. Wise has some pitching arm elbow pain where he had Tommy John Surgery in March of '03

Recalled from AAA Nashville: Laynce Nix OF. Nix has hit for .412 and 13 RBIs since being acquired from Texas.

Astros

15 Day DL: Bradon Backe for right ulnar collateral ligament sprain.

Recalled from AAA Round Rock: Wandy Rodriguez LHP 5.22 ERA.

TV: FSN (642 DTV, 31 TWC Milwaukee)

Radio: 620 WTMJ.

Series Probable Pitchers

Sunday: Brewers (LHP Doug Davis, 9-6, 4.97 ERA, 1.58WHIP) vs. Astros (RHP Roger Clemens, 4-4, 2.71 ERA, 1.09 WHIP), 1:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wandy has handled us rather well in his short career (2-0, 3.44 ERA in 3 starts). Hopefully Bush can pitch well and we can get him a couple runs.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

That's a nice picture of Dave Bush. Good thing he is holding a ball and glove; otherwise it would look like he was doing some odd ritualistic dance.

Go Brewers! Win tonight and you can't do worse than a split.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ned has plenty of right handed options to use against Wandy. I am expecting a big night from Hall and Hart. I was kind of looking forward to seeing Nix in the lineup, but whatever. Looks like Wandy was getting roughed up a bit in AAA.

Miller again? ugh. I know he's better against LHP but still I'd rather see Rivera who is slightly better (smaller sample size, though)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived