Brewer Fanatic

The Umpire Crew of Death

I thought they addressed the outside corner crap some time ago along with low strike. Amazing that Bud Selig and his cronies turn the cheek. I mean start addressing these things that there are rules on.

I am in management and when someone does not do what they are supposed to they get a private discussion. The next thing is a letter of warning and so on.... Production has increased because accountability is being enforced. Now, employees to must come in to work and do there job correctly even with the strongest union around.

These umpires need to be told to do their job correctly.

I saw Ned today and while he didn't talk about specifics, you could sense his frustrations with the umpiring in the last few series'.

Link to post about seeing Ned:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/search.php?keywords=390204/t/iPhone-3G-horror-stories.html

the strike zone for last night-friday-was horrible. mlb better go back to robots or do something else. moofnelson is right--it is like the nba--except even more subjective. how can every ump have "his own style" or "his own strike zone"?

it is amazing there is as much scoring as there is.

Here is a good link I found in the off season. I hope that THT does something similar this offseason again. It is interesting that much of the time when the umpires are inconsistent they show up somewhere in the lists.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I won't be sad to see this umpire crew leave town after tomorrow because they are downright despicable. Tim McClellan refused to give McClung a strike. Calls on the bases were routinely wrong. The strike zones were consistently inconsistent. Does the rest of the league have the same problems with this crew, and if so can the league step in here? This is getting rediculous with these guys.

Do you guys notice the same things I do, or am I just crazy?

The Sporting News MLB player survey:

Best balls-and-strikes umpire

1. Tim McClelland, 22 votes

2. Jim Joyce, 7 votes

3. Ed Rapuano, 4 votes

4. Ted Barrett, 4 votes

5. Jim Wolf, 3 votes

6. Tim Welke, 3 votes

Scout's take: "That's a good question because I don't think the ball-and-strike umpiring is very good. It's too inconsistent. Players want to know what the strike zone is and they adjust. But too often a pitch is a strike one time but the same pitch is a ball the next. I'm not a Tim McClelland fan. I've seen him stick it to guys, and he makes it personal. I like Jim Joyce, along with Rapuano and Welke."

Best balls-and-strikes umpire

1. Tim McClelland, 22 votes

2. Jim Joyce, 7 votes

3. Ed Rapuano, 4 votes

4. Ted Barrett, 4 votes

5. Jim Wolf, 3 votes

6. Tim Welke, 3 votes

Scout's take: "That's a good question because I don't think the ball-and-strike umpiring is very good. It's too inconsistent. Players want to know what the strike zone is and they adjust. But too often a pitch is a strike one time but the same pitch is a ball the next. I'm not a Tim McClelland fan. I've seen him stick it to guys, and he makes it personal. I like Jim Joyce, along with Rapuano and Welke."

this should be all you really need to see. the guys on the field think he is good. they are generally closer to the action than the fans

this should be all you really need to see. the guys on the field think he is good. they are generally closer to the action than the fans

The fans have instant replay and close ups from different angles. They have a MUCH better view of the action.

Archived