Brewer Fanatic

Places to live in Milwaukee

Baldkin

So, I'm frantically searching for a new place to live in Milwaukee. I'm seriously considering Tosa or West Allis, due to it being closer to my new job, and cheaper.

I'm just wondering, where I should be looking, and what area's are no-no's to live in, in and around Miltown. I've only lived and looked on the east side of town so far so I really have no clue.

Thanks for any help!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I live at 97th and Keefe (litle north of Burleigh) and I'm about 2 blocks in the city of Milwaukee limits from Tosa. ( making it cheaper) I like it alot although most of the houses are rather small. With the housing market the way it is you can find alot of homes for sale and CHEAP

i would say more like west of 50th between I94 and washington blvd. i lived on 54 and wisconsin (perfect location) and i currently live on 68th and state st in the Tosa Village. I am very happy with both locations and the cost of living.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tosa rules.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thanks for all the input so far. I'm not looking to buy a house just yet, as I don't know how long I'm going to be in Milwaukee. Just looking for an apartment.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Thanks for all the input so far. I'm not looking to buy a house just yet, as I don't know how long I'm going to be in Milwaukee. Just looking for an apartment.

then why look anywhere but near the lake????

read his orginal post. lol. west is cheaper and closer to work. he may value that over amenities and the night life.

then why look anywhere but near the lake????

read his orginal post. lol. west is cheaper and closer to work. he may value that over amenities and the night life.

night life is about 4th on my list after being able to walk to the grocery store, parks, restaurants and then bars. also, if you are smart you can find nice places on the east side for a reasonable amount. my one bedroom with heat, water and underground parking is only $640. i personally find living anywhere but the city to be dull. growing up in new berlin and waukesha has left me scared for life.

I just moved to Shorewood after spending 30 years of my life in Tosa. There really isn't a bad place in Tosa, I've lived all over it. If you are looking for drinking, i'd try to get a place reasonably close to 72th and State as that's the "to do" in Tosa.

Archived