Brewer Fanatic

Estrada Hurt

crossface21

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted plenty in the vent thread - but never complained about Estrada's running.

He certainly looked like someone who was hurting. He wasn't jogging so much as struggling to first base.l

That said, Estrada is my least favorite Brewer. Assuming Miller is healthy - why wouldnt' be be catching a bunch to help Estrada heal?

Anyone think this might be Ned bailing out one of his players?

I don't get this.

Ned has known about this "ailing" hamstring for two weeks, I'm assuming is what that means, and left him in the lineup.

Then suddenly when Johnny can't hustle out a groundball in a big situation he brings out the excuse for it and decides to have him sit a few games, after the fact?

OK.

I posted about this in the other Estrada thread, but I don't really buy this.

He's been hurting for 2 weeks, suddenly dogs it to first, costs us a game, hears it from the fans, and now we find out he's been injured for 2 weeks, which is why he can't sprint?

Sounds awfully convenient to me.

It's not any harder to believe he is playing with a stiff hammy than it is to believe he was simply dogging it in a tie game in the 11th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out. Of all the times someone may dog it for no good reason that would be about the last. I tend to think there must be a problem not related to being lazy. If he had been lazy running out a fly ball or chasing a pop up I'd be skeptical.

I agree it's almost incomprehensible that he could have been dogging it so badly in a huge situation like that just out of laziness.

Still, did you see him running? He was jogging. That's as fast as he can go with his injury?

Then he shouldn't be starting right now. Period. We can go get a rental for awhile. We can go give up a couple prospects to go find the most overpaid, washed up catcher in the league. Like some guy who makes $13+ million, hits about .220 with no power, and plays bad defense to boot.

Haha! Just kidding about that last part. No one would be that dumb.

Cool...more incompetence from #3.

Now we're not only throwing injured players out there for the duration of a 12-inning game, but we're making them squat, get up, squat, and repeat a hundred-plus times while they play.

What a great idea!!

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I noticed this with Johnny last week, I was at the Thursday game with AZ, he was out by 2-3 steps on a ball the 2B dropped twice.

In a way, this is good news, I'm much more comfortable having a guy who tried to play hurt than having a guy who runs like that on purpose with the game on the line.

Piazza does not thrill me, are there any other catchers to be had?

Why not DL him for two weeks, and get his legs fresh for August/September? And by fresh I mean like that fermenting plastic bag of scallions that you bought a month ago and refuse to remove from your fridge for fear of vomitting.

Ha! Thats funny. I'd be fine with them DL'ing Estrada and bringing Rivera up for two weeks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Miller has started 6 times in 19 games this month. He has not been playing any more than normal. I am of the belief that when you have to pretty equal catchers they should split starts almost 50/50. If Estrada has been hurt Miller should be starting more. I know he is old and can't play to much, but I would think playing a little more for one month so Estrada can get healthy would benifit the team more than Estrada playing hurt. It isn't like Estrada is much better than Miller.

EDIT: I don't blame Estrada for the loss yesterday. I blame everybody who picked up a bat. One run on a homer is pretty pathetic.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

LIke some have said already...he's hurt for 2 weeks? Why is he hitting even at that time in the game where it was known a double play would ruin our chances...that's just awful on Yost's part. So Johnny MUST be playing for his great defense and the fact that he has so many extra base hits he doesn't have to run...wait that's not him! Call up Rivera put Estrada on the DL...Weeks gets "benched" for production and Estrada isn't producing and is "hurting", but still plays...seems strange.

This is a cover-up by Yost-plain and simple.

However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. i believe Yost and his teammates possibly really let Johnny have it last night but they kept it behind closed doors. I don't fault Yost for doing this at all. Why alienate Estrada when you need him the last two months. We already know he is a crybaby.

Why make the situation worse than it needs to be?

He was known as a crybaby on both the Phillies and Diamondbacks and he was traded.

I never heard about that when he was on the Braves. But the Braves, for the most part (except for Chipper and Smoltz), keep things in the clubhouse.

We are complaining about our catcher. there are about 15 other things we could talk about. Instead we are discussing one play from a catcher that can actually hit. But he doesn't run out one play that was a gimme double play and now, all of a sudden, the catcher whom was hated by most, is wanted back in the lineup. I will take Estrada anytime, if he is not injured. But he is one of the better hitting catchers out there and that is a short list.

And Piazza is not what we need. Awful defensively as well, doesn't hit that well anymore, and makes a bunch of money. Not a good option.

This CANT be true, and if it is, in that situation there is no way that Estrada should have been in the game in case that happened.

Ned Yost is punishing Estrada but trying to keep it in house.

Quote:
We are complaining about our catcher. there are about 15 other things we could talk about. Instead we are discussing one play from a catcher that can actually hit. But he doesn't run out one play that was a gimme double play and now, all of a sudden, the catcher whom was hated by most, is wanted back in the lineup. I will take Estrada anytime, if he is not injured. But he is one of the better hitting catchers out there and that is a short list.

And Piazza is not what we need. Awful defensively as well, doesn't hit that well anymore, and makes a bunch of money. Not a good option.

First off, I'll give you pretty good odds that whoever mentioned Piazza was joking.

Secondly, that was nowhere near a gimme double play in the 11th, especially when the catcher double pumped. It's still debatle as to whether he was waiting for the 1st baseman to get back or whether he was looking for a better angle, but the only reason it looked routine was that Estrada jogged the entire 90 feet. An all out sprint gets you there.

And who was hating on Miller? I'd think you'll have a pretty tough time finding many posts around here hating on Miller. Estrada's hustle has been noted for the last couple months. Yesterday wasn't the first time it was noticed. But it was certainly the most key situation of any other play this season that he didn't run out.

Archived