Brewer Fanatic

Coughing Prince

mskuts
I had/still have to some extent the 'excercise-induced asthma'. I know, I know, I'm cool. Coughing was one way that helped me get deeper 'breaths' when it felt like I couldn't. I have no idea if this is the case with Prince or not -- I didn't even notice him doing this until the OP pointed it out.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have no idea if this is the case with Prince or not

If riding the pine while others are at bat causes Prince to lose his breath, let's just say he needs to do a little exercise.

When you see shots of Sheets in the dugout, 9 times out of 10, he has a finger or two in his mouth. He's always biting at his fingers and nails. As someone who's received some horrifically painful hang nails from such a habit, I find it so strange for a pitcher to be doing.

Seriously, I know. Good thing he's not a knuckleballer.

Chalk up another one on the "exercise-induced asthma" bandwagon. I have that ailment and I do the coughing for air thing all the time.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think Fielder's coughing is just because he is about 30 pounds overweight and can't catch his breath.

30 lbs? I realize that BMI is outdated and his body type is an anomaly, but his healthy weight would be easily about 100 lbs less than what he currently weighs. Don't get me wrong; as long as the dingers keep coming I'm on board.

When you see shots of Sheets in the dugout, 9 times out of 10, he has a finger or two in his mouth. He's always biting at his fingers and nails. As someone who's received some horrifically painful hang nails from such a habit, I find it so strange for a pitcher to be doing.

I noticed several years ago: whenever you see shots of Mike Hargrove in the dugout he is picking his nose. I pointed this out on an Orioles board when he started managing there and grossed out quite a few posters. But they soon realized it was true. He carried that habit right through his days in Seattle.

I've often wondered about the coughing thing too. I just can't believe some people haven't noticed it until it was pointed out. Like it's been said before its so constant its ridiculous. On the bench, in the field , after an at-bat. I would go for the exercise induced asthma also. And can someone get Sheets a nail clipper please? I swear he's gonna get a hangnail and end up on the 15 day DL.

Archived