Brewer Fanatic

Coughing Prince

mskuts
So I've been dying to ask this question...What is up with Prince coughing ALL the time? You see him on the basepaths coughing, in the field coughing, and at bat coughing. Even on the bench he coughs. Anyone hear anything about this? It seems odd to have a professional athlete coughing like he does. I've never seen any other athlete with this problem. Anyone have any thoughts?

I was thinking of this exact same thing the other night when I was watching the game. Same thing for Sheets, he's always coughing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I wonder if it's just a nervous habit, like clearing one's throat. Great, now I'm going to be watching this like a hawk in the game tonight. I thought he was just fatter & we were all ok with that! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Am I the only one that hadn't even noticed this until this thread?
Wow, now I need to find some video some place, because yes he does it all the time..and like I said same with Sheets (watch him tonight). Both of them do the same thing. It's not a continuous cough. It's one big throat clearing cough.

Also, not to change the subject, but why do I always have a problem finding game higlights on Brewers.com. Are they charging for that now?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It could be something where he's trying to catch his breath and so he breathes deeply and just coughs it out instead of inhaling another deep breath. Perhaps something to calm himself down? I have to real idea just throwing it out there.

When you see shots of Sheets in the dugout, 9 times out of 10, he has a finger or two in his mouth. He's always biting at his fingers and nails. As someone who's received some horrifically painful hang nails from such a habit, I find it so strange for a pitcher to be doing.

In regards to Braun, it's not just at bat that he's like that. Watch him when he's in left field. He CANNOT stand still. He's also got fingers in his mouth and he's pulling the laces of his mitt with his teeth. I couldn't believe how fidgety he was when I was sitting in the left field bleachers. Putting him and Cameron "side by side" in the outfield is a study in opposites. Cameron looks cool calm and collected and Ryan looks like he's ready to jump out of his skin.

I've also noticed that Sheets always puts his hand and glove up to his chest and leans waaay back on the mound, before he starts his wind-up.

Watch Braun and his habits at the plate. He touches himself so many times I lose count
When I started doing that at my job in an attempt to emulate Ryan, I got a not-so-friendly visit from Human Resources.

I've also noticed that Sheets always puts his hand and glove up to his chest and leans waaay back on the mound, before he starts his wind-up.

Sheets has been doing that at least since his latissimus dorsi injury a couple years ago.

As far as Prince, he's been doing that constantly since he came up. Who knows, maybe he does smoke cigarettes?

It is most likely a habit but it may also be a mild case of exercise induced asthma. With this asthma symptoms are more likely after exercise type activities, such as running the bases. I noticed him doing it last year and only after he runs, which leads me to the possibility of the ailment.

Archived