Brewer Fanatic

wins that got away so far in 2008

I don't think it is Gagne and Riske not being able to go 2 in a row. Mota was brought in when the Brewers were losing which unfortunately seems to be what Ned Yost and all 99% of the other managers think is the right thing to do. I may be mistaken but when you are losing isnt that when you try to maybe get an inning out of a Mota, or a Turnbow? It isnt like Mota has been terrible all year. I defended Gagne and I will defend Mota, until seasons end. I just have thick skin i guess not saying it is wrong to be hard on either player.

That a one run deficit is easy to overcome than a 5 run no? Wait, unless your are opponents of the Brewers.

Of course it is but I was merely pointing out that using Mota in that situation couldn't have that much effect on the Brewer's chance of winning that game since they didn't have much of a chance to win to begin with. But of course, Boston came back against the Yankees down 3-0 in the playoffs, so I must be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
In a Major League season you are going to win a 1/3 of your games by 3 or more, lose a 1/3 of your games by 3 or more, it's what you do with the other 1/3 that makes or breaks you! Win the close ones baby!

Archived