Brewer Fanatic

7/9/08 Rockies (Rusch) at Brewers (Sheets); 7:05 PM CT

it's a long season, there's plenty of baseball left, but games like this drive me up the wall. i'm going to the games saturday and sunday and i want nothing more than for Mota to not be in the bullpen anymore.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ned looks to be managing his way out of a job here. "It's just one game, guys" he will scold us in the post-game presser. But it's one game here, one game there, Ned, and pretty soon you're on the outside looking in come playoff time. You think Doug is going to keep your sorry around if you miss the playoffs after he went out and got C.C.?

Why not? He kept Ned's sorry around after he cracked under pressure late last season and led the way for a teamwide meltdown.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

We need bullpen help.

I was going to question why we were using Shouse now, but it is probably because other than Torres he is our most durable reliever. If we use Gagne or Villa we probably wouldn't be able to use them tomorrow.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why not? He kept Ned's sorry around after he cracked under pressure late last season and led the way for a teamwide meltdown.
True. Still, I have to believe Doug is a "fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice..." kind of guy. No way does he permit Ned to flush another playoff berth down the toilet. (Does he?)

Somehow the Rockies manage to draw more inspiration from the Brewers gifting them their playoff spot last season. Shouldn't it be the other way around. We're a far superior team yet somehow they're on the verge of winning 5 of 7 on the season.

This is from Haudricourt's in game blog.

Why is Guillermo Mota still on this team? The Brewers pull within a run and comes in and gets crushed for four runs, all with two outs, including two homers.

A second homer by Atkins, singles by Hawpe and Iannetta (Cameron's error allowed Hawpe to score) and Koshansky, a .091 hitter, crushes a bomb to center.

Now it's 8-3 and the Brewers are about done.

Mota had a 6.48 ERA in June and now has allowed eight runs in three innings in three starts in July.

Turn the computer back on, and find the Brewers down 5 runs instead of one....took me about 1 second to figure out who pitched the 8th inning.

Why, why, why is Mota continually used in late inning situations? Can we end this experiment for good please? Even when he doesn't give up a run he tends to get himself or the relievers that have to bail him out in jams.

If we lose this series something is seriously wrong...We face JDLR tomorrow and we have faced some pretty ballooned ERA's in this series. All bets were we had by far the better chance of winning each when considered individually. A loss tomorrow would be awfully embarrassing.

Why is Guillermo Mota still on this team? The Brewers pull within a run and comes in and gets crushed for four runs, all with two outs, including two homers.

A second homer by Atkins, singles by Hawpe and Iannetta (Cameron's error allowed Hawpe to score) and Koshansky, a .091 hitter, crushes a bomb to center.

Mota had a 6.48 ERA in June and now has allowed eight runs in three innings in three starts in July.

I'm glad Tom can see what the vast majority of us all can, but apparently Nedley can't.

How bout Doug??

....Mark A.??

Someone just make Mota go away... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

It has to be time to remove Mota from the roster. Yost better be carefull here cause Mark added CC not to watch his manager throw away games.

I believe Yost is under a close watch Because Mark has made it a point it win now.

Clearly Tom is as miffed as we are about Ned's non-answer to the 1st question about why he was brought in.

I'm sure they'll kiss and make up tomorrow though.

Yep, you can't make a huge move like the Sabathia trade, and then stop with work left to be done - it makes no sense.

Mota has to go, and the team also needs to be ready to fix the leadoff spot - if so many fans, and now the beat writer can see the obvious, I have no doubt that Melvin, Ash and Co are on it.

Multiple Outs Take Ages.

Obviously Ned either didn't read or chose to ignore my plea last Thursday to ditch Mota. I acknowledge that he's not likely to listen to a 42-year-old woman posting on a fan site. I certainly hope he's got enough evidence by now, though.

Following through on my vow from last week to not watch any more Mota action (call it my personal mota-torium), I took a concourse walk as soon as the 7th ended, which eased my mind a bit. Talk about a one-man momentum killer. The game certainly had more hope before his appearance than after it. I realize that Ben technically earned the loss, but for the second time in a week it feels like the L should have been hung on Guillermo.

De-mota-fy the Brewers now!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived