Brewer Fanatic

7/9/08 Rockies (Rusch) at Brewers (Sheets); 7:05 PM CT

ugh. Why can't our hitters ever get on base and produce runs like that. You live by the sword and die by the sword I guess.....

Exactly why any sane person will continue to pick the Cubs to win this division. And many sane people will come around and pick St. Louis to win the Wild Card.

This team is pathetic offensively when they aren't hitting home runs, and you can't rely on those in October when the air gets appreciably colder in a place like, oh, say, Chicago.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, so Hurdle leaves in Rusch to sac bunt instead of putting in a pinch hitter and then elects to use Corpas. And so far it has worked out... If Ned Yost did that we'd probably be all over him.

His bench is thin and I am sure whoever he would have called up to pinch hit would have simply been trying to get the runner to 2nd anyhow.

Sheets' pitch count was high because he was willing to sacrifice accuracy for velocity this start. I wish someone would have talked sense into him.

You're asking a lot of the coaching staff, Russ. You should know better than that. It would be akin to expecting someone to convince our hitters to take the ball the other way when it's consistently on the outer half.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

is it possible that the team is all wound too tight and pumped up because of the CC trade? if that's the case, they need to get over it like right now and win this game.

my god I hate Mota.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived