Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wed. 7/9 -- Odorizzi Debuts with Two Scoreless Innings

As for Frederickson, sounds like last nite's outing went EXACTLY as his first outing! When he missed, I felt nervous for the catcher and the batter at times! The thing you have to remember about Gindl is he is just 19, and really seems dedicated to the game!

Evan Frederickson topped out at 92...i double checked this with a scout using a stalker gun...i thought he was supposed to throw harder than that...most of the night he was working 88-90.

Alex Eisenberg saw the same thing looking at his draft video; I think his mechanics are probably wildly inconsistent, and thus his velocity is as well. Disappointing to hear.

Escobar, Gamel, Gillespie, and Salome shared BA's Southern League Prospect of the Day honors (UW-Stevens Point product Jordan Zimmerman got it for the Eastern League:

The Huntsville lineup is getting a little repetitive in this spot, but it just continues to put up huge numbers. The Brewers' quartet of Alcides Escobar, Mat Gamel, Angel Salome and Cole Gillespie earned collective Prospect of the Day honors after the lineup exploded for 15 runs against Chattanooga. Escobar was 4-for-6 with four runs and a stolen base. Gamel had three hits, scored three times and knocked in three runs. Salome had three hits, scored twice and drove in three. And Gillespie doubled in a run and scored one of his own.

Archived