Brewer Fanatic

Cubs acquire Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin for Gallagher, Patterson, Murton and Donaldson

trwi7

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Confirming it on AM 670
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If they gave up Gallagher, I like it from our perspective. Harden will be hurt soon and then they'll be without their #1 pitching prospect.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

If they gave up Gallagher, I like it from our perspective. Harden will be hurt soon and then they'll be without their #1 pitching prospect.

Or he won't get hurt and the Cubs pitching staff improves mightily. Cubs fans are probably saying the same thing about Sheet's propensity to get injured.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
But if Harden stays healthy, he's as good as Sabathia - maybe better. The nice thing is that he hasn't thrown over 100 innings since 2005. And he's now thrown more innings this year than he did the last two combined. I wouldn't be surprised if he fades a bit in September.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

ESPN is now confirming as well. Here it comes - the national media starting their love-fest for the Scrubs... (the Brewers were lucky to get almost 3 days in the spotlight)

Cubs get: Harden, Gaudin

A's get: Gallagher, Patterson, Murton, Josh Donaldson

I think the Cubs fleeced(As usual) the A's. Obviously this all hinges on Harden staying healthy, but I think the Cubs gave up way less to acquire a pitcher comparable to CC when healthy. I've never seen the love for Murton. I know he's never really got a chance with the Cubs, but from what I've seen, he's no can't miss prospect. Gallagher is ok, but nothing special...same with Patterson. Aparently Donaldson is a C with great OBP skills, but is still far away from the majors. I think if Harden stays healthy, the Cubs got a WAY better deal than the Brewers

ESPN is now confirming as well. Here it comes - the national media starting their love-fest for the Scrubs... (the Brewers were lucky to get almost 3 days in the spotlight)

Let me be the first to say, who cares? Dudes at NSBB are crowing about the "stolen spotlight" as well. If the spotlight was all it took to win championships, the Cubs would've seen a World Series during my parents' lifetime.

Harden and Gaudin for Gallagher, Murton, Patterson and catching prospect Josh Donaldson. What a terrible deal for Oakland. Screw you Beane.

Gallagher has really good numbers in the PCL and is only 22 and lefty so it's not like it's a terrible deal. I'm pretty sure Beane just wanted to trade him before he got injured again. If Gallagher turns into a good pitcher and Harden continues to get bit by the injury bug, Beane will be credited again with a good deal.

Archived