Brewer Fanatic

7/8/08 Rockies (Redman) at Brewers (Sabathia), 7:05 PM CT

crewcrazy
I feel really, really good about this team going down the stretch. Scrubs won't be easy to catch and maybe I am just caught up in the electricity in the stadium...but I want to go on record on CC's first (which just so happens to be my daughters b-day) saying I believe we will be the division champs this year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uke and Jim just had Seth Lintz, the Brewers' fourth pick this draft, in the booth. Just chatting, so nothing interesting to report, but he seems like a very polite, nice kid. Sounded anxious and excited to get going with his career.

Did I just hear the start of "Jump Around" at the park, before Uecker went to commercial?

Speaking as a Madisonian, that's a smart way to get the crowd pumped up (not that that'd be difficult with tonight's crowd).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Awesome game to be at. Crowd was electric. I can't imagine the pressure CC was under to perform, but he sure lived up to his resume even when it seemed he didn't have his best stuff tonight. Overall a great game to the start of the rest of the season. Bring on Harden and the Cubbies.

That was probably the most electric atmosphere I can remember for a midweek game at Miller Park. And the thing I loved was the crowd didn't let down when CC came out. I was there with my brother, and when Hart came up in the 7th with the bases loaded, everyone was standing and the place got loud. He said he couldn't remember a time he saw that.

I turned and said to him "Just wait til October."

It just felt like this was the kickoff of the pennant race for the fans, I hope these large crowds can continue to bring that same level of energy. Awesome night to be at the ballyard.

Community Moderator
CC was overthrowing the entire night. That being said, he still was solid and put us in a position to win. Hopefully Sheets can continue the momentum tomorrow--did I mention I love the fact that I don't have to wait 5 days to see another ace pitch?

All those Sabathia t-shirts and jerseys are going to be pretty interesting collector's items after this year is done. It'd be like buying a Jerry Rice Seattle Seahawks jersey.

Decent first start for CC, even though he was overthrowing everything and couldn't locate his slider because of it (not to mention a pretty shaky strike zone). I was getting worried when I saw that Gagne was warming up when the score was still 4-3, but the insurance runs calmed the nerves a bit, and Gagne looked good once again. It'll be interesting to see how he responds once he gets his first rough outing since his return, though. Even Riske looked really good out of the pen.

With Sheets going against Glendon Rusch (!!) tomorrow, I have confidence in at least getting a split guaranteed in this series before Dave Bush starts again. It sucks that the Cubs and Cards won (they beat Cole Hamels despite him K'ing 8 and only allowing 3 hits in 7 innings..unbelievable), but at least the Crew kept the pace. Hopefully they can gain some ground tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Did I just hear the start of "Jump Around" at the park, before Uecker went to commercial?

Speaking as a Madisonian, that's a smart way to get the crowd pumped up (not that that'd be difficult with tonight's crowd).

Yea you did hawing. it was pretty fun to hear it. It didn't get the crowd really pumped, but it was fun nonetheless.

EDIT: I'd also like to say i loved the cheer that came over the crowd as Scotty Po came into the game. Glad to see he's still loved here in Wisconsin.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

a few guys sitting in front of me booed scotty po when he came in. idiots.

and if anyone saw a few cars on the side of the road in an accident just past moorland on 94, that was me! hooray for missing the first two and a half innings (and CC's first pitch/AB....the reason i drove in from madison to see the game. oh well, still a great atmosphere and a W)

Gagne looks like he has much better command of his pitches since he's come back....maybe?

Riske is starting to look a little better too...maybe?

That bomb Braun hit in the first inning was amazing!

The atmosphere in the park tonight was awesome from the second CC started his walk out to the bullpen!

If Gagne keeps pitching like he did last night, and the team makes the playoffs, it will be well worth his salary.

Hopefully the fan excitement from last night continues to carry through with the rest of the Brewers home games. I believe it does give the team a big boost when they're playing at home.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I can't wait for the first pitch, wish I could be at the game. I predict a 7-3 win for the crew tonight. I'm hoping for a sell out, loud and crazy crowd.

this may have been quoted again already, but nicely done!

Archived